Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

BBJoey posted:

In addition, Crysis 1 ends with you, Nomad, your British buddy, Psycho, and scientist Helena Rosenthal flying back to the island you just escaped from, now covered in an ice sphere and inhabited by aliens.

Crysis 2 opens with you, some Marine, defending New York from aliens.

Apparently what happens between the games is explained in a comic book. Nomad and Prophet (the original one, not the ghost in the shell one) go through a teleporter to the moon or mars or something, then Nomad gets shot and dies. None of this is mentioned in Crysis 2.

Yeah the main thing that pissed me off about Crysis 2 is it ignored everything about the first game except ~aliens~ and nanosuits, I wanted to see Prophet's story not have him killed off before I even get control of my character.

With as much as everyone goes on about Crysis' graphics I really enjoyed it for the gameplay, and even the harder difficulties aren't too hard when you're the loving Predator with a shotgun.

I'm still interested in getting around to the third game at some point but the 2nd game turned me off in favour of just replaying the original and Warhead again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Nth Doctor posted:

A couple years ago, there was a video games exhibit at the Smithsonian Museum of American Art. Some games they had available for play, and I was nearly able to speedrun Myst, but couldn't find the drat fireplace pattern when I actually had the paper :argh:

You could just go for the 3rd ending and have it all over in a minute without you leaving the starting island... But that's skipping the good bits (and the bad bits).