Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I'm not 100% on this but I think in Death Stranding as you approach 0 mls when urinating the meter slows down and speeds up a few times, just like real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Also the grenades you get from pissing is EX Grenade No. 1. Doing plops gets you a No. 2.

There's so many little things that are so dumb. Like you are a porter called Sam Porter Bridges and you deliver stuff for a company called Bridges. At one point you get an order to deliver some beer from a farm to a city. The style of beer you deliver is a porter.

Some of Hideo Kojima's stuff is so juvenile. It's really interesting, it's like he's not precious about it. He's capable of writing some really high concept stuff but he'll also write the dumbest stuff possible.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

CJacobs posted:

In fact, there is a logbook you can find in a hidden room ingame that is itself reached by doing this trick, in which the aliens have discovered from watching you that this is a valid way to get to the other side of a room and now they are doing that instead of just walking.

Ah, the reverse Metroid

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Leavemywife posted:

If you ever see a copy of Hybrid Heaven, pick it up. I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Man... that game was wild. I still think about it a fair bit

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I like Control but my PS4 just doesn't have the juice to keep up the frames when a lot of poo poo is going on. Unfortunately flying around throwing stuff into people and blasting stuff around the room counts as "a lot of poo poo going on" so I've shelved it for the time being.

In a game with combat like Control any amount of slowdown really messes with the pace of the game. I guess i'll pick it up on PS5 or wait for a patch.

Schneider Inside Her has a new favorite as of 16:51 on Sep 17, 2020

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Also the non-violent ways of removing people from power are worse than death.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

What you do to the genius in Dishonored 2 actually made me feel sick.

That's what I think is awesome about the Dishonored series. The chaos system is a little more interesting than simple good/bad. I think i killed everyone in a position of power but tried not to kill the rank and file guardsmen. I think I got low chaos?

Anyway why the chaos system is cool is that high chaos will result in more enemies in the level and low chaos will result in less. This means that if you like killing the game will give you more enemies to kill and if you like sneaking the game will keep enemy levels low to make sneaking easier. It's a really cool idea.

Arkane are pretty much top-tier in the game of immersive sims and I'm going to buy a PS5 purely for Deathloop.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Outer Wilds is absolutely top notch

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I liked that aspect of Nioh where certain buff items you could just learn as spells. I think Elden Ring crafting system kind of improves on that aspect of Dark Souls where you wouldn't necessarily want to use items because you'd just get clamped 3 seconds after using an item to put a bunch of fire on your weapon, but Nioh probably had it correct by just having it as a skill you can learn.

Anyway a cool little thing in Elden Ring is that when you're standing in poison or rot or whatever it begins to slowly poison you as long as you're standing in it, but if you step out of it your poison level starts to drain. UNLESS you dodge rolled while you were in it, in which case the poison keeps ticking up, because now you're covered in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Jam those pickled fowl feet into your maw