Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I really like it when a video game makes the map of the in game world an Actual Map. I can only think examples in World of Warcraft (where your character model will pull out the map, but you get a traditional map screen), and Far Cry 2 (your character pulls out the map and puts it right up to his face, just like real life)

I'd like to see it more. IMMERSE ME IN YOUR WORLD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I had fun with sleeping dogs but the game would crash every ten minutes so it was functionally unplayable (pc)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wait is the slab of beef a character?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Philippe posted:

I'm playing Ghost Recon Breakpoint right now, and I like that all the enemy bases feel appropriately big. The backstory is that a tech whiz bought a tropical island and established his robot company there, so there are futuristic buildings, hydroponic farms, and industrial stuff everywhere. And it's all kind of realistically sized, often hundreds of meters from one end to the other.

I haven't visited the main city yet, but I bet it's a doozy.

I like to shoot people with the sniper rifle

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

the game, is fun

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

moosecow333 posted:

Younger me was a huge fan of CYOA books, including the run that Goosebumps made.

I can’t remember the book, but at one point you can choose to follow a guy back into his house, who then proceeds to begin turning into a werewolf. You’re given three different options to escape, except every single one ends with a game over.

There were many hints that going into the house was a really bad idea, but I liked how the book went an extra step in showing just how badly you messed up.

that's not secret agent grandma at least

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

how many cocks do you have to blast for the achievement

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'd play the dub if yongyea wasn't in it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

the bare tits code that came with my copy didn't work

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

which one has pouring boiling water from a pot on a guy

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

My favorite heat action is just throwing people in a river. Uh oh, you got wet, now you can't fight anymore!

Being thrown into river would demoralize me pretty quickly tbh

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

you can fight marijuana?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

we like pain

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I am actually shocked and kind of ashamed of how much I liked Johnny by the end of the game , at least in some of the endings

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

is 3 the most "dated" Yakuza now since 1 and 2 have remakes?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

why is it never a great lakes accent, ya know?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

haveblue posted:

WD:L is a set of pretty great open world toys (the ridable cargo drone is amazing) wrapped around a character swapping gimmick that doesn't really add much and a cowardly desire to portray near-future Britain as a dystopian hellhole without once mentioning Brexit because video games aren't political

it is incredibly funny that far cry 5 tried to be "apolitical" despite being centered around loving religious doomsday cult in Montana

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I really only liked the Connor and Hank adventures in Detroit

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Back 4 Blood was another original creators one. It was fun for a run but then there was no reason to ever go back, and no content came out.

according to the crowbcat video on this game, only three people from turtle rock actually worked on it, lol

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

verbal enema posted:

L4D was perfect

The sequel just wasn't the same imo

the sequel does have ellis though,

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fifty Farts posted:

I have more little things from Another Crab's Treasure:
-magic is called Umami
-I had a sudden understanding of the meaning of the phrase "small fry" when the large lobster guards kept calling Kril that
-Kril's running and arm-flailing swimming animations are really cute

I'll have to pick this up (not on the Nintendo's Witch because it is apparently laggy and terrible on that game's console)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

that place made me feel like i was losing my mind, A+