Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pentyne posted:

And the token future Final Fantasy poster.

Christ, I never thought I'd see that joke made again.

In the Strong Bad adventure games, if you click on something while one of the characters is talking in the background, Strong Bad cuts em off with "No one cares." or "Shut up." or something along those lines. It's pretty much the perfect way to solve that issue in a way that makes sense with Strong Bad's character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In the Syndicate FPS, you can hack grenades, mines, and other various explosives in order to prevent them going off. Later on in the game, you encounter a sequence where a bridge you're crossing blows up, and in the second or two before all the bombs it's covered in go off, the little prompt to hack it pops up for every bomb. There's no way in hell you could manage that, but I really like how the game keeps the HUD poo poo straight the whole way through.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilmucche posted:

The video game XIII is based on a comic. When you get a headshot in the game a three panel comic comes up and shows it happening.

It also has some onomatopoeia show up next to your guns when they shoot.
Also, the game had stealth sections where the mechanic to find patrols was to move slowly/stand still, and after a little bit it started showing their footsteps through the wall as comic footstep noises.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Reminder: this is a poptart_fairy post. I'd suggest looking up the original shitstorm if you need to figure what actually happened.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

poptart_fairy posted:

These are the words of a rational man.
They actually are, if you don't realize that right-wing views are objectively harmful and wrong you're part of the problem.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robo Pope posted:

Ryoshi was talking about the weekly brawl game mode. Each week it's got a new set of rules that changes the game totally.

Last week it was that you spawned with a random hero every time you died. This week? Everyone is Soldier 76 and has lower health than normal. Bullets and rockets everywhere.
That reminds me of the same system that Quake Live (rip) had where they'd put up matches each weekend with a bunch of weird mutators. The best one was probably the April Fools joke it spawned from, where they introduced a new game mode that made all the projectile weapons push and the hitscan weapons pull your opponents scaled off the weapons damage. The servers ran only space maps, which took place on floating platforms over an instadeath void. Pretty much every match ended with everyone's score in the negatives.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

moosecow333 posted:

Human Revolution is one of the very few games I've ever played through twice. If this game is even 1/4th as good I will be very pleased.
Have you played the original Deus Ex yet?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In FF6, one of the big plot points is that magic is presumed to no longer exist and has been supplanted by technology. When you get the king in your party, the first time you use a magic spell with the sorceress character he freaks the gently caress out and commences a dialogue about it mid battle.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chernobyl kinsman posted:

it objectively looks like poo poo
Thanks for setting me straight, I thought I liked the art style and execution but your use of the word "objectively" made me realize these positive feelings didn't exist.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Digirat posted:

This is some sort of weird thing that gets spread around by people who have never played it. When it started coming up repeatedly about a year after the game came out, I thought it seemed odd that it didn't match my experience with the game it all so I looked it up. There's a big list of references the game makes on its wiki and the actual meme section is this tiny part at the bottom which almost entirely consists of challenge names and short enemy lines you're pretty unlikely to even hear. None of it is in quest dialogue.
To be fair, any amount of using memes as a replacement for original humor is loving unacceptable.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not really sure what to call it but I love this fake out/ flicker kick thing that pops up every now and then in games.

http://i.imgur.com/IsuoS2u.mp4
Robbing someone by punching their money out of them is my new favorite little thing in games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leal posted:

I was gonna ask if that should be expiring soon since its been nearly 20 years, checked the patents and saw this:

2021-11-05
Adjusted expiration

... Did nintendo extend the patent of something they have never used again?
that's how patent works