Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’m playing Warhammer 40000: Mechanicus. The Necron screen wipe when you transition from exploring to combat never stops being cool. Neither does the mechanical buzzing combined with intelligible speech your tech priest have instead of voices. You can especially feel the head Magos/player stand-in’s. And then it’s cool when you encounter a Necron boss character, and it speaks to you in voice-acted English instead of code language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Cleretic posted:

A semi-related thing that still bothers me:

Rogue Galaxy: A PS2 JRPG that's famously pretty slow and grindy, that was remastered in 2015.

Rogue Legacy: A Castlevania-imitating roguelike that's known for being kind of unpleasantly grindy, first released in 2013 but got some console ports in 2014 and 2015 that got it decent recognition.

Rebel Galaxy: A space sim that's very slow and patient but in a genre where that's generally a good quality, released in 2015.

I've never heard one of these three titles and been correct about which one is being referred to first-time.

I hear Rogue Galaxy and think of Freedom Planet, a Sonic the Hedgehog-inspired platformer.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Zoats were a race of chubby lizard centaurs from early Warhammer 40K who acted as diplomats for the Tyranids before GW decided they were dumb and had them unceremoniously eaten. They also appeared as a race of solitary and mysterious, to the point of being near mythical, magical beings for one edition of the early fantasy game.

Well, now they’re being added to the Wood Elf roster for a newly announced Total War: Warhammer 2 DLC.

Almost every Warhammer video game release pulls out some weird unit like that, and it’s always a good time.

Edit: Last year, a voice actor did a fan project in which he recorded voice lines for Throt the Unclean as if he were to be included in Total Warhammer. So when CA was working on this new DLC that features this character, they reached out to him to voice it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-A-WSiSt98

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 00:51 on Nov 20, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://www.thegamer.com/quinton-flynn-sexual-predator-harassment-kingdom-hearts-metal-gear/
Garbage fan harassment to get pics & videos, and getting too personal with cosplayers at the very least.

I saw posts about this and wondered if it was Vic Mignogna, because Raiden sounds a little similar to some of his characters. But no, it’s yet another creep in the entertainment industry, because of course it is :sigh:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There won’t be anything as coldblooded as the Paz spirit in Smash Bros: Ultimate giving your character a Bob-omb, but this shot from the new Sephiroth trailer comes close:
https://mobile.twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/1337187387101876224

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Sephiroth’s arcade mode in Smash Bros is a boss rush. Something is funny to me about how they introduce a third party character by having him clown one of the final bosses of Smash’s story mode (Which is itself introduced obliterating the entire Smash roster) in the trailer, and then have him beat up other games’ final bosses.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Guys, they’re putting Kislev, each of the four Chaos gods, and motherfucking Cathay, which had never had a single official miniature, in the upcoming Total War: Warhammer 3.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Super Mario 3D World opens with Mario and crew happening on a mysterious broken pipe and fixing it, and I was unreasonably amused that the Mario Brothers were portrayed doing plumbing.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Total Warhammer 2 just released some FreeLC adding a cruel Dark Elf Beastmaster character to the game, and he’s voiced by Iwan Rheon, who played super-sadist Ramsay Bolton in Game of Thrones.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Aren't the Imperium notoriously anti-Xeno? Or are the Tyranids an enemy-of-my-enemy exception?

Yeah, Tyranids often are one of those big deals. There’s even an instance where Space Marines teamed up with Necrons to fight them. Human/alien teamups, even in apocalyptic situations, are still incredibly rare. You have to either be really secretive or have a lot of authority to do it, and at the end of the day you’re still a human supremacist. Warhammer 40K recently underwent a bunch of galaxy-shaking plot developments, and the Imperium and Eldar briefly teamed up during them. Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 takes place after them.

The game is pretty nuts because in each of the campaigns you either kill Abaddon and cripple the Chaos legions, take out a Primarch and destroy other major lore things leaving the Imperium completely hosed, or both. GW in the past seemed to be a lot less willing to let game companies use their big name characters. Back when Dawn of War 2 came out, it caused a minor stir among fans when Abaddon briefly showed up to give orders and threats the campaign’s main Chaos guy.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 17:22 on Jun 1, 2021

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
A new trailer for Total War: Warhammer 3 came out, giving us the first look at the Nurgle and Slaanesh armies. One of the units is apparently a group of Nurglings, lovely little plague gremlins, combining into a Voltron :woop:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Roblo posted:

Looked to me more like they were just swarming over a guy?

Now that I can look at the trailer on something other than a phone screen, that seems to be the case. Still cool tho

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I feel like everything involving the past/near future in HZD just knocks it out of the park. It just blows all the characters we actually hang out with out of the water.

Neither I nor anyone really close to me has had real trouble with drugs or the law like the guy who wrote the vantage point logs, but drat, the ending to that got me.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Stacking resistances was more useful than the nanoweave armor on HZD's ultra difficulty, I think. I usually went with a combo of melee and ranged. I think some ranged attacks are purely elemental, but I'm not sure. I'm even more unsure whether you want melee resistance, fire resistance, or both when taking a flaming claw attack. I wanted to get my Ultra playthrough done relatively fast for the cheevo and didn't do the DLC again.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Total War: Warhammer 3 will have a new faction based on Khorne, god of rage and bloodshed. You get bonuses for keeping a rampage going and wither away if you go too long without kicking someone's rear end. Luckily, you can push a button to summon demons to attack you, so you can beat them to show you're not being idle. It's so extra, I love it.

There's a new character, a dragon in human form who's one of the leaders of the new faction based on China, who does Liu Kang's bicycle kick in combat.

Also there's these guys:
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1466784299516973060
Look at 'em go :3:

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 05:03 on Jan 25, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Elden Ring's giant tortoise with the pope hat is a Rude Tales of Magic NPC, in spirit if not literally.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I think the Disco Elysium decision that's probably an unflattering reflection on my real self involves the whole thing with the church on the coast. I assumed I could either let the researcher or the EDM crew do their thing with it, not that they could coexist there, and so had the EDM crew hauled off. Maybe there's a point how just thinking like a cop there closed off options for me. The moment I missed because of it is definitely a candidate for this thread.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 02:20 on May 3, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It was rad as hell when you sabotage the airship and then ride out as it crashes and guys on the ground chant your name.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The Arkham Knight jump scare where they introduce Man-Bat still got me, even though I spoiled it a while before getting a computer capable of running it.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’m playing God of War 2018, and I got to a part where you and the boy come across a horn that’s part of some incredibly big mechanism you just revealed, and Kratos refuses to let Atreus blow it. I had a sensible chuckle when Atreus protests that you’ve been thoughtlessly flipped every switch and interacted with every doohickey you’ve encountered this far, so why not this?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Cythereal posted:

That was a pleasant surprise in Warhammer: Total War. My campaign objectives as the Barrow Legion called for 'eliminating the Sylvania faction.' Turns out peacefully annexing the vampires counted without any issues. No Sylvania as a faction on the map anymore, no problem.

One of the campaign objectives for the Sisters of Twilight in Total Warhammer 2's Eye of the Vortex campaign is to wipe out the Clan Moulder Skaven faction they're paired off against. I managed to accomplish that when they did a confederation with the Skaven Clan Rictus and got absorbed into them.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Clapping like a seal in ToTK when I beat a miniboss in a the depths underneath (not really a spoiler, just leaving it so in case people want to find treasure for themselves) Skull Island and was rewarded with Biggoron's Sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Total Warhammer 3 has the Chaos Dwarfs speak evil fantasy language, which was a little disappointing for me, but they respond to movement commands with phrases that include “waddle” “leswaddle” and “waddleovadere,” which makes up for it.

One character has a mechanical mobility rig and one of his diplomacy screen quotes mentions it. There’s a recorded voice line in evil fantasy language along with a text quote in English, and it contains “waddle” in there.