Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Suspicious Cook posted:

I've been playing Resident Evil 6 lately and it's pretty bleak. However, there are two things I've really enjoyed so far.

1. You heal by popping Tic Tacs.

2. At one point, Chris can play on a playground slide.

Wait until you get the hang of the movement system. You are playing a game where you can powerslide into an enemy, knife them in the face, then pick them up and throw them into another enemy. The look of dull surprise as you powerbomb a zombie never gets old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
In The Darkness II, there is a bit early on when the protagonist is talking about the Darkness in question wanting to get out, to have free reign, and when that happens, the controller briefly rumbles erratically. This happens every now and again when he's emotionally troubled, or some serious poo poo is about to go down.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Cleretic posted:

I can't find proof while looking right now, but I recall hearing once that one of the levels in Duke Nukem 3D was actually a 520 degree circle, which was done by using similar tricks as the mirrors.

This was one of the great things about old 3d games. In particular, Bungie's Marathon allowed for map polygons to overlap with each other, so long as they weren't adjacent, so you could end up with rooms that would logically be required to occupy the same space, but were separate in-game. This phenomenon got called '5d Space', and was used to great effect in a multiplayer map of the same name.

All of that map is one elevation level. Nothing is going above anything else.