Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

MrJacobs posted:

Holy poo poo. Not baseball slide, but powerslide like doing a guitar solo powerslide? Complete with miming a facemelting solo? If that's the case I know what I'm buying next if I can go from air guitar solo to knife to the face.

Nah, it's just a feet-first baseball slide, but the brawler-type melee combat is literally the best part of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Co-op chat:

Kirby Superstar handled co-ok well; Kirby could create minions that could be controlled by the second controller. Also, the Lego games are great for drop-in drop-out co-op. Also, one of the PS2 Armored Core games had a separate co-op mode with all new missions that often had the players ending up in a battle against one another due to conflicting client orders; it was prety neat, playing into the whole mercenary "Ravens" mythos of the series.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Someone mentioned your buddy NPC'S going down and making you shoot them in the face to put them out of their misery in FAR CRY 2: CRY HARDER. What they forgot to mention was that you also had the option to overdose them on morphine (I.e. your health kit) , but you had to use two or three of your limited capacity of morphine to do so. So the choice became one of: do I put him down gently and use up morphine I might need later, or just put a bullet in him. I usually just a bullet into them, but not the Sikh who had saved me all those times - goodnight, sweet prince.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Bloodcider posted:

I remember a physics glitch in the early days of Halo 3 would let you punch people across the goddamn map. Best exemplified here. So of course it got patched out.

There was the glitch in Skyrim where if you got thwomped by a giant you would launch into the stratosphere. The devs thought it was hilarious that they intentionally didn't fix it any of their official patches.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Kanfy posted:

If you loot him you even find the exact same note you find from Jean-Jack in Snatcher.

Post the note!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Thinky Whale posted:

Cute, weird Japanese kids' game Youkai Watch 2 has a museum with a bunch of recognizeable art, including an adorable, pixilated Temptation of Saint Anthony.

(Apologies for the lovely picture.)

Is that supposed to be a Lichtenstein in the corner? If so, that's awesome.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

haveblue posted:

Also in that area, blowing up the helicopter will eliminate the patrolling helicopters later on at the mountain base.

Instead, you get personal jet-stand guys., which actually makes the encounter more difficult. Shooting the flame thrower backpack guys is easily the best part of that area, btw.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

RagnarokAngel posted:

I also love how he holds rifles and shotguns by the barrel when not in use instead of strapping them to his back with velcro.

And if you dual wield your sidearms, Max drops his long arm as he has no where to store it.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

TontoCorazon posted:

Witcher 3

Geralt's beard actually grows back after a while. Though that was cool as poo poo.

Similarly, the degradation of Batman's costume as the night's progress in the various Arkham games. My only complaint is that they seem to be tied to story progress alone rather than actual game performance (I.e. if you do well, the cape and cowl still get cut up even if you've been a completely stealthy bastard).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

The Bee posted:

Nah, that's just everyone digging Nappa's facial expressions.

Black American 1 looks different than I exepected.