Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
My fav little guys are the vulgar militia. I farmed them for a while, then I looted some of their items and found out they're just little guys who made their own militia because they're fed up of being made fun of and they get all the dirty jobs, and I felt bad so I started wearing one of their helms. I'll farm you no more, little dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

arsenicCatnip posted:

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath has a unique health system; you hold a button to "shake it off" and restore health by depleting your stamina bar which slowly refills over time. It's, well, odd but works really well when you get into the hang of it.

I also love the visual of it; the Stranger actually shakes himself, and any projectiles enemies have thrown at you like cleavers, knives or shrapnel get flung off. It's satisfying after a hard-fought boss battle to see everything get thrown off
drat I loved Stranger's Wrath. Even outside the gameplay it was doing a bunch of stuff technically that felt like they valued a good user experience, the loading times were nice and short and that sounds like a weird thing to praise but few games cared about loading times back then and no games do now. The story really got me into it, and I loved the little town full of chickens and the way there was a button to have the stranger mutter to himself about what he should do next. I keep wanting to get it on steam but I've heard it's a shoddy port

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I benefited from not knowing too much of the comic book Batman mythos and almost got surprised by that twist (they protested too much with lavish flashbacks to the guy's offscreen death and I caught on) much as I benefited when I watched The Dark Knight in 2008 and had no idea where this Harvey Dent guy's story was going to go

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

My fav little thing about Yakuza 0 is playing it as a newcomer to the series, then playing later games and realising what a shock some of the decisions in Y0 must have been, like the introduction of Majima as a cool, suave, together-looking guy