Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Anatharon posted:

I liked how he was so opposite of Alex from Deus Ex.

JENSEN!

I liked how he was an abrasive dickhole, but still basically a good guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

bunnyofdoom posted:

Which is a reference to SA. Actually.

It's not quite four balls at the edge of a cliff, but it'll do.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Polaron posted:

If you listen, the voice tracks will talk about that boss's motivation and backstory.

It has to be this way.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'm hoping for more combat

... said no one, ever.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

carry on then posted:

Can we get an itemized list of video game moves on the sexy axis? I need an executive summary.

The sexiest move in all of video game history is Raiden's naked cartwheel in MGS2.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Quick run-through? Of Myst?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The dumbass Singularity FPS did the same thing.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Dishonored really needed a non-lethal melee option. The classic Thief-style kosh wouldn't have been out of place.

Philippe has a new favorite as of 19:57 on Jul 28, 2014

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I know you can choke people out, Goon Sirs. What I meant is that there ought to be a non-lethal alternative to the sword, something you can use once you've been spotted.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That reminds me, I haven't played Knife of Dunwall yet.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Male Man posted:

Dishonored with Dark Messiah's kick and more well-thought out Chaos mechanics would be just a few steps away from perfect.

ftfy

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Alright, geez, I'll stop talking about it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Something I just figured out about New Vegas: they did something cool with the "post-nuclear" theme.

The NCR and Legion are fighting over power. But not some giant reactor or power plant, but two sources of renewable energy; Hoover Dam and HELIOS ONE.

I dunno, just thought it was cool.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

One kinda subtle thing about ACII, Brotherhood and Revelations that I like is that Ezio, as he gets older, supplements his body's abilities with technology.

In ACII, he's young and sprightly, so he can run around, leap upwards from a hanging position and all that jazz.

In ACB he's a little older, so he'll need a metal glove upgrade before he can climb-leap. (Also, the first objective in Rome is to get painkillers for his injuries.)

In ACR he gets the hookblade to make him able to climb-leap and get onto rooftops.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Revelations isn't a bad game really. It gives you a nice sendoff of both Altair and Ezio.

In that game, I also like that unlocking shops gives you a bit of notoriety. As well it should.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Also, you get to keep the arrows that enemies shoot into you.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's the best way to make sure the pelt is perfect, too.

I also like to outrun small animals and kill them with the hidden blade. Foxes, raccoons and beavers are stupid easy to kill that way; bait and snares really aren't necessary.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's also funny because Gloria van Graff is bald.

The first objective in OWB is "Find out where the hell you are."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Trainmonk posted:

Probably examine yourself if you're kneejerking into a rage against SJWs and tumblr after reading the word 'racism' in any context now.

I'm not. I am, however, thinking "Man, it's been a while since I've seen Independence Day."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Didn't Peace Walker have pretty decent co-op?

You could both be Snake, even though your partner only saw you as a generic MSF soldier. And the introductory cutscene was slightly different if you had a buddy with you.

When Snake gets captured by the baddies, your buddy gets to sneak out of the prison and can even fiddle with knobs to make Snake's torture QTE easier or harder.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Everybody posted:

Shadow of Mordor is really good

Well, poo poo. I think I have to buy this now.

How well does it perform on older machines (compared to, say, Black Flag)? My laptop's specs: Core i5-3230M 2.6GHz, Radeon HD 7670A, 6GB RAM.

I'd rather not have to buy a new gaming rig for one game...

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

If I reduce all the graphical settings to Garbage, I get maybe 5 FPS.

And my graphics card is welded to the motherboard, so I'm SOL.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

What the hell, I'll add my fellating to the pile: Shadow of Mordor is pretty great.

Both the combat, stealth and platforming have been simplified, yes, but the overall package is solid. I have only just started playing, but I have already made a couple of Nemeses (I'm bad at video games, alright).

It's also really well optimized. I'm running it on my old laptop without graphical bells or whistles, but I still get an average of 15 FPS (which to me is playable enough).

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

GARBAK WANT BE MALE MODEL. GARBAK LOOK GOOD IN SPEEDO.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

2/BroHood/Revelations has a decent story and character progression, and the equipment and mechanics work well enough.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

muscles like this? posted:

They do something similar with the multiplayer in Watch Dogs. You (the player) are always the main character but everybody else sees you as a random character model because in their game they're the main character. They mostly did it that way because there are multiple modes where the whole point is trying to figure out who is actually a real person connected to your game/hiding from a person in their game.

Like the, actually pretty fun, Assassin's Creed multiplayer mode?

Man, even that is derivative of something they already did in another game.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That would truly be a Little ThingTM.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Edmond Dantes posted:

It's worth it for the dialogue option when a Securitron asks you for a password alone.

ICE CREAM

That dialogue option also has a Luck 7 trigger. And if you're not crit stacking, I don't know what to say to you.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Those industrial robot arms don't have any controllers. They Are Their Own Masters Now.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That was... less impressive than I thought it'd be.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Kruller posted:

I probably boned that robot like 15 times, just because it was always funny.

The animation is the same, no matter whether you're male or female, too.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

2house2fly posted:

You can also... not calm him down:

Fallout New Vegas is the best game.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Samfucius posted:

everyone has their own weapon setup they are absolutely sure is the best. I completely disagree with both of you, but I am sure your strategies treated you well.

:darksouls:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Edmond Dantes posted:

I think they missed out on something in MGR with the whole Jack The Ripper thing: if they had kept the white blood from MGS4 for the whole game but turned it red when ripper mode was active, that would have been awesome.

It would also have been a visual aid to finding out that Sam was just a normal dude, and not a cyborg, if he had bled red instead of white.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Canemacar posted:

You could make the argument that Skyrim remaining with the Empire will only drag it down in the upcoming war. Hammerfell managed to split from the Empire and fight off the Thalmor, who's to say Skyrim can't link up with Hammerfell?

You can't link up with those foreigners. They have curved swords. Curved...

Et cetera.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Finally got to play AC: Black Flag now that I own a PS4, and I love that you can manually make your crew start singing a sea shanty :allears:.

Can you make them sing a specific one, though?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

When you hit R1 after Snake loses his eye, the right side of the screen is black.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Tracula posted:

Actually you wanna know my favorite loving thing about MGR:R?

I have friends who agree with Sundowner and Senator Armstrong. It's a good filter for people I can file under "I will never take any of these people seriously ever again."

Aren't they also carrying out the will of the Boss, where soldiers would always be respected? Like Big Boss did with MSF and the Patriots did through SOP?

Constant war through brain-washing orphans and manipulating the media is maybe not how she envisioned it, but it's something to ponder nonetheless.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I really hope that, someday, MGS3 shows up on Steam. I'm playing my 360 less and less, and eventually I'm just going full-on PC, and that's definitely a game I'll miss. I know I can fire it up whenever, but someday, that 360 isn't going to turn on :smith: (and I can't go back to the PS2).

This is my favorite little thing about The Phantom Pain: it'll get a PC release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

"The SA Forums won't remember this."