Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
In Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, during the level where you're up against Kraven the Hunter, there's one section where you have to avoid being shot by Kraven (basically, don't stay in the middle of the screen for too long because the camera is literally looking through Kraven's crosshairs) while battling his various thugs like usual. The Little Thing about this is that Spider-Man will actually call Kraven out if he shoots one of his own minions because they happen to be in the way when he takes a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Speaking of funny Halo dialogue, here's a whole playlist just for stuff from Halo 3 (mainly enemy dialogue, but with some friendlies thrown in too). "You shot me, fool!"

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

John Murdoch posted:

I went back to Exile about a year ago and was surprised to find that it played without a hitch. Original disk, even. I'd expect a lot more problems with old copies of Myst and Riven. I wanna say my dad couldn't even get a GOG copy of Myst to run.

The GOG versions of Myst and Riven I got both worked without a hitch as far as I can remember, so maybe you should tell him to give it another try, since the people at GOG do definitely make an effort to update and improve their rereleases of old games if it turns out that a lot of people are having problems with them.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

So here's what has to be the neatest random bit of graffiti I've seen so far in any video game.

Specifically, it's from Resurrection, a F.E.A.R. mod that's frankly otherwise not very interesting.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

David Copperfield posted:

This looks like Arabic calligraphy. Anyone know enough to translate?

I dunno if this is a variant of the same writing or if it's a different one that just happens to be the same general shape, but I do remember seeing some similar lion-shaped Arabic calligraphy a while back that was supposedly an Islamic prayer about how great and powerful God is and so on. Y'know, the typical celestial butt-kissing.

Leper Residue posted:

The solution to this is to just make it so all cars can drive up buildings and fly.

I still hope they make Saints Row 5 full-on space opera so you can do poo poo like cruise around Not-Coruscant in a flying firetruck after dropping on it during a dive from the top of the tallest skyscraper on the map.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

Of course, another possible angle, if they went the space opera sci-fi route, would be to have the buildings just straight-up regenerate Red Faction Armageddon-style.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Just a heads-up, the game is like 40GBs so I hope you have a good internet connection. :cripes:

Is it like with Wolfenstein: The New Order, where they deliberately bloated up the game's files with junk data as an "anti-piracy measure" (more like anti-consumer measure, really) or is it more like Metal Gear Rising, where they just decided to leave a bunch of assets completely uncompressed for some strange reason.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

umalt posted:

I believe they mean instead of meaning "respond non-violently to your oppressor", I think they mean more in the "taking your ball and going home" in response to seeing your enemies.

Either that or it means 'enemies' in an ironic sense, that the character will act contrarily to whomever the perceive as an enemy.

Long story short, the joke is that it's the complete opposite of Jesus' original message of "Treat others as you'd want to be treated, for if you love and show kindness only to those who love you already, what have you gained?"

Edit: See here

Doctor Bishop has a new favorite as of 05:21 on Oct 19, 2014

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

Screaming Idiot posted:

Wow, Raiden was so unpopular that they literally rebuilt him from the ground up to get people to like him. It's like Scrappy Doo was tossed into a wood chipper and reassembled with Radio Shack components.

Actually, as is often the case, Raiden was apparently really popular in Japan. So I'm pretty sure the whole "rebuilding Raiden as a cyborg" thing was one of Kojima's ways of trolling his Japanese fans as he trolled everyone with Metal Gear Solid 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

Captain Lavender posted:

I can't get over how good they made Halo 2 look in the Master Chief Collection. The cutscenes are really top notch. I love the way the Gravemind looks

Spoilers if you've never played Halo 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOMpggSWe-w&feature=youtu.be&t=29s

So the Gravemind looks like a talking penis with a horrible necrotic infection now. Ya, I'd rather take the old talking-head-of-cabbage version over that any day because holy crap, that art direction is just so amazingly lovely. Same goes for the rest of what I've seen of Halo 2 Anniversary's cutscenes, really.