Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I'm pretty sure I rolled with HK-47 and the Mandalorian mercenary for a pimping party of swaggering evil. :dealwithit::smugdog::frogc00l::c00lbert::whatup:

I did the same, made for a fun little back and forth between honorable but harsh and just wanting you dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Been going back through The Witcher 3 and there's a bit I just love. You have a chance to recruit a character to help you out who is more or less the main antagonist of the previous game, a character quite a few people call the Kingslayer, as he stunningly enough killed a pile of kings. The villain of The Witcher 3 is called the King of the Wild Hunt. You can have the Kingslayer help you fight the King of the Hunt. You can also ask for the help of some of the elite troops of one of the Kings he killed. They are understandably pissed to see him but he happily says that if you're going to have someone kill a King, he's the man to have around and the troops just seethe while he smirks and walks off.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Bawls pretty much tastes like vanilla flavored sprite.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
They put a Hearthstone/Magic Arena equivalent out, I believe over GoG. Best I'm aware it changes a large amount of the mechanics. I enjoyed Thronebreaker but I more went through for the story and just snagged quick tutorials for annoying puzzles.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Biplane posted:

Bear school, bitxh

Griffon or get out I laugh as I murder everything with magic.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Yeah I really can recommend Midnight Suns if you like Marvel in general, more comic focused than movie focused but drat it works. Just be ready for a LOT of conversations and lore stuff, the gameplay works quite well and it's very pretty for what it is but the characters are the highlight.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I liked Skies far more than Seas, more fun combat and a little less incomprehensible nonsense. The nonsense is still there it's just more story based now!

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I appreciate that some of the "play as other characters" fights in FFXIV are squarely themed as "Hold tight; the Warrior of Light is on their way, and will absolutely gently caress the enemy right up when they get here." :allears:.

The game does a lot to actually acknowledge you are a monstrously powerful individual in the latter expansions who has done some incredible things, rather than a random gofer for Big Hero People like in WoW who needs a dozen bear asses and a dungeon boss killed this week.

FFXIV is just about the best possible at making your character feel awesome in an MMO. Anytime your character shows up most enemies just go gently caress!

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Yeah I always liked that about Star Wars, just like TIE Fighters, those lovely laser guns are crazy cheap to manufacture and it's worth having a ludicrous amount around, especially when you're not super worried about some possibly mythical wizard appearing at random.

I always got the Jedis not being worried about bullets as more of a reflection of them being able to just not be where the people are shooting.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I never played HZD but I read up on it after hearing about it and having it it recommended to me tons. After seeing a wiki on it I can comfortably say, with no game play in me gently caress TED FARO

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I can never imagine a point when the Witcher 3 will ever be truly ugly, it just works. Even things like infinity engine games will always work due to the strength of the style and direction.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Yep, that's how the Witcher should look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I will say that as much as I love L4D2 the first game is a pretty perfect game. It just WORKED. I never heard a single bad thing about it from anyone, everyone I introduced it to, gamer or not, loved it and it still holds up. Not going to be able to match that.