Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Idunno if it's a little thing since it kind of permeates the whole game, but the monsters in Atelier Ayesha are pretty cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

Pretty much every game that lets your character smoke cigarettes is good: Vanquish, Metal Gear Solid, The Saboteur, Deadly Premonition...

Counterpoint: Cart Life.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

This begs the question: is MGS3 good or bad?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ChaosArgate posted:

Cigars are bigger and better cigarettes* so MGS3 stands to be a bigger and better game than the cigarette only MGS games. :colbert:

In general though, MGS3 is probably the best game in the series.

*note I have no clue about anything relating to cigars and cigarettes.

Wait, MGS3 has cigars?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oh, okay. I was talking about the gas cigarettes.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

The reason Alpha Protocol is so fun is because you get to you play as Sterling Archer before the show was even around.

I'll have you know Archer started in 2009.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Alteisen posted:

My favorite thing about Dark Souls 3 is how they altered PvP to make ganking impossible, basically your weapons are set to the hosts, on top of that whenever you invade it seems to prioritize people with multiple phantoms so its quite rare for an invader to fight someone solo.

To be clear, you get whatever weapons the host is using? That's great.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

The host's level/upgrade level, not their specific weapon.

Oh, okay.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Leal posted:

FF14: Some minions interact with each other. You get 2 minions from one of the end game dungeons

They dance together :3:

Is that meant to be Calcabrina?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Alteisen posted:

Kihami is a red mage pretty much, doesn't excel at anything but you can create the role you want for him.

Isn't he more of a Blue Mage?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

E: wrong thread

Scaly Haylie has a new favorite as of 21:43 on Aug 30, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Thanks for spoiling the mechanics of the final boss fight, I appreciate it a lot

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Blind Sally posted:

this but without sarcasm. i'm never gonna play Witcher III

I recommend otherwise, friend.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oh, I read your post as you literally can't use magic against the final boss.

Scaly Haylie has a new favorite as of 02:30 on Sep 4, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Cleretic posted:

Just do what I do, and skip over all Witcher III posts. I'm sure it's a good game, but it's a good game that seems to have stripped away everything I like about the genre, and talking about it is impenetrable to people who don't know the game.

That was my attitude about the game for a while, but I was convinced when I found out Skippy Granola liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oh, FF14 chat?

When you're playing this crane game thing at the Gold Saucer as a lalafell, you get a little stepladder. :3: