Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

carry on then posted:

Looks like someone doesn't know about the amorphous blob of suburbs that is the Phoenix Metro Area.

As for plowing through traffic, I have to give Watch Dogs props for not having the police come after you for traffic violations. Nothing like barreling through Pawnee in the not-Firebird ramming everything on wheels off the road as you make your way to do donuts in the Blume parking lot.

I remember reading I think in the booklet for the first Grand Theft Auto that their in game explanation was that there were so many murders and other bad poo poo happening in Liberty City that the cops didn't care about moving violations, I always figured that every other sandbox game like GTA took that approach if they ever had to explain it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Strategic Tea posted:

From some of the early interviews, Legion was meant to be stalking Shepard for a good while before you meet him. Like he was carrying out his mission, but as he became more individual he latched into it as the only identity he had. But then console memory limits imposed a stricter recruitment mission order, so they wrote him into the end of the game instead.

I don't quite follow. Why would a you not be able to run that story line because of memory limitations? I mean it would just be exposition in the form of extra words right?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Crap wrong thread

RenegadeStyle1 has a new favorite as of 04:13 on Aug 7, 2014

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I never saw that one, the letter thing was a good idea. They made one of your side missions from Watch_Dogs was killing a guy from Abstergo, but it didn't sit well with me. They pushed it in my face so much that I think it would have been easier just to have a big banner come across the screen that said "WE ALSO MADE ASSASSINS CREED" and be done with it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Maddox was my first thing I read in "blog" format besides maybe Acts of Gord. I'll always have fond memories Maddox...

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I don't see how you could see the Imperials as anything but the "flawed good guys". Its like choosing between living in the Roman Empire or Nazi Germany, why would you not choose Rome?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Sleeveless posted:

"If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can. I’ve seen belief move cities, make men stave off death, and turn an evil hag's heart half-circle. This entire Fortress has been constructed from belief. Belief damned a woman, whose heart clung to the hope that another loved her when he did not. Once, it made a man seek immortality and achieve it. And it has made a posturing spirit think it is something more than a part of me."

:smugbert:

I think I saw that on a button at Hot Topic.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I doubt they independently thought of it. They probably saw someone with a name like that and was like "Oh that's cool!" Obviously they are wrong but i'm sure that's how most of them come about.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Most likely because they have to have some people disagree with it to be realistic (unless you disagreed with it in character, I actually can't remember if you even get a chance to tell your views about it or not)

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I liked looking around at the news stories about what had happened after world war 2

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Mierenneuker posted:

Game development takes a while, you know.

No you just make your game and drop the nemesissystem.exe into the folder.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I've never played it but saying "people who didn't like this game are just TOO IMMATURE" is really dumb.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Alteisen posted:

This page is solid gold, so many people's delicate american sensibilities triggered by virtual sex. :newlol:

I mean I can understand not wanting to play Witcher because of say the combat which has largely been garbage, but because of the potential possibilities of having virtual sex? Especially when on this very page a person just mentioned he had to go through 6 hours of sidequest to get to it?

Like its a drat good game that could fill pages of this thread with little poo poo, none of it relating to optional quests to bang someone, stop being so goddamn sensitive over stupid poo poo.

This is like 5 posts before posting about Tali sweat

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

BioEnchanted posted:

With Witcher 3 I liked the way they handled the Baron's Family and the rebirth of Dea. It was definitely helped by the Baron's voice acting during the funeral at his Threshold where the Baron renounces his actions and apologises to his unborn daughter for all the crimes he commited in a night of rage and grief.

That whole part of the quest is the most emotionally charged and haunting things I've ever seen in a video game. Good stuff.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Bar Crow posted:

I started playing Shadow of Mordor and I like that dying gives you experience. Even if its just a token amount, it shows the game wants you to try fun things even if you fail instead of punishing you by wasting your time.
I've never had as much fun dying in a game as that one

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
In GTA5 I saw a computer which alot of people also use to connect to the forum SomethingAwful.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I never actually "played" Monster Rancher but I put CD's to see what monsters came out of it for months.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Captain Hygiene posted:

Really liking Franklin's special ability in GTAV, basically a bullet time meter you can activate while driving. Careening along at high speed in my clumsy panel van, then suddenly using it to weave gracefully through a crowded traffic jam and evade the folks chasing me is pretty :kiss:

Franklin's was really the only power I found useful.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

BioEnchanted posted:

I've been playing the original Pokemon Red for nostalgia reasons and my god, is Geodude the most sassy creature in Kanto.

He looks like he's saying "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve to have me at my best. move out of the way bitch!"

He doesn't even have hips, but he's resting his hand on them anyway.

I always like to think of him as saying "get to steppin!"

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I hated fighting those cats. They would latch onto your backs and it'd take forever to kill them.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I never understood the love for it. I hated the song. The undead nightmare one was much better.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
There was a woman gear in one of them I played. I don't remember her being beefcake but I don't remember her being "sexy video game character". I don't remember you seeing them a lot out of 3rd person.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah the boar was by far the hardest fight I had in that game. Those statues that come to life in the DLC can get you if you're not careful too.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I liked Bayek. I thought he was a fun character and kind of a goof which I liked. Aya was a little to serious and I don't think I would have had as much fun playing as her.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I like in Soul Calibur all the side stories that weren't a part of the main story that just got on an adventure and are like "Oh well I failed" and go home.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Cleretic posted:

Nope, because the actual winner of that is Voldo! He has appeared in every single game, but failed to meet the main story and cast members in all of them but one (Soul Calibur V). Outside of that, the closest he ever got was stealing Yoshimitsu's sword.

In SC VI Talims story mode doesn't even start until like 3 years after the soul blade has been destroyed and she basically seems to walk around fighting ghosts that apparently only she can see or interact with.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'm playing through FFVIII for the first time since I was probably 11 and it's fun how comically easy it is to break the game with the systems they have in place. With my junctions I beat most boss battles in 3 to 4 hits while they barely scratch me. I just completed the ragnarok part and I remember as a kid how hard it was with the same colored monsters when I was younger but this time I killed them in one hit each from squall and rinoa. The story is also slightly better than I remember it. In final fantasy rankings I think it's definitely gone up a few games in my mind.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I always thought the Ted Faro thing was kind of strangely tragic. He was so distraught in his part in destroying the world he couldn't see his own plan come to fruition. I thought it was honestly a great portrait into a real person where I felt a weird bit of disgust and pity.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
My bad about the nano robots that eat existence.
HZD spoilers just in case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
To be fair about all the cool stuff happening between games for Elder Scrolls most of the bad stuff that drives the setting would be stopped by the PC if it happened in game. The Gods only have a chance to gently caress everyone over because there's no player to stop them.