Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

In Saints Row IV they had a whole mission that was basically Metal Gear Solid Saints Row style. You got to hide in a cardboard box, crawl through a vent, avoid the guard to prevent an exclamation mark appearing above his head.. All with hilarious commentary. "Why waste two bullets on shooting out those lights when I could use just one on the guard?" It was awesome.

This made me look up the current price point on SR4, and I wanted to mention that for the next 24 hours it's $9.99 on the Humble Store. Looking forward to starting this tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

grittyreboot posted:

Have you guys played Mercenaries? It's like Just Cause 2, but with More intricate faction dynamics. For instance, if you do a mission for the U.N., China will become displeased with you. South Korea will get pissed if you work with the Russian mob and so forth.

Factions also have randomized patrol routes that sometimes intersect with enemies routes, resulting in giant unscripted battles.

It was a Lucasarts game so you could unlock Han Solo and Indiana Jones skins for your character.

Also, every building in the game can be destroyed, including faction headquarters.

I loved Mercenaries so much. Everything about the first one was just so goddamn fun. I think two of the three playable characters spoke a different foreign language too, so you would get subtitles for one faction but not the other.

And of course using a Codebreaker to get unlimited funds and just rain missiles was pretty cool too.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

biosterous posted:

All three characters understand one non-English language. Big burly black dude speaks Korean, scary Swedish dude speaks Russian (and presumably Swedish, but it's never spoken in game so who cares), British&Chinese lady speaks Mandarin. When going to a meeting where that language is spoken, you get subtitles if you've got the right character. The best part is that none of the people in the meetings know you understand, so you can sometimes learn their secrets and stuff.

Ah, I couldn't remember offhand what Chris spoke.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~
I'm loving everything about Destiny (outside of my luck with drops), but one little thing that stuck out was sneaking up on a low-level Dreg who called me the Darkness. Gave it a Halo 'Demon' vibe.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

Don Gato posted:

Anytime there is a flamethrower in a game you have to use it, just as a rule of thumb.

True

http://i.imgur.com/2TDjc31.gifv

https://twitter.com/shin01571/status/668399084529516544