Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

There are a bunch of little things in Watch_Dogs to love (and some things that drag it down as well) but the final criminal convoy side-mission has a fun tie-in with another Ubisoft game: Assassin's Creed IV. The target is Olivier Garneau, the Chief Creative Officer of Abstergo Entertainment, a subsidiary of templar-owned Abstergo Industries. In one of the "real-life" portions of AC4, Olivier is sent to Chicago for a shareholder's meeting, but you find out that he never arrived. In Watch_Dogs you are tasked (by the assassins presumably) with taking him down as he makes his way across the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Inzombiac posted:

I beat MG3 with ought knowing that sneaking was done on the D-pad :(

I did this my first playthrough too, you barely have to eat anything to keep your stamina up.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

The story in Crysis 3 is overwrought Michael Bay poo poo - "bro...you gotta fight harder bro!" "Yeah bro, we'll fight harder...TOGETHER!" - that kinda stuff. There is a neat little touch though. After Psycho gives you the dog tags he recovered from your squad in the original Crysis, they are wrapped around the grip of your cyber-bow.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I like how human enemies dying in a hail of automatic weapons fire will do that dance you see in the movies where the bullets knock them around for a while before they fall over

Soldier of Fortune was good for things like this. You could make guys do the peepee dance with bullets, make their bodies convulse on the ground with your 100 slash per second knife, or blast all of their limbs off with a shotgun after they were already dead.

You know, all of the stuff your older self would look back on and say "what the hell was wrong with me" :stare:

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

The best thing about it is that it is both and more.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

In The Witcher 3, if you buy or find the Undvik Saddlebags for Roach in Skellige there is a little coffee pot attached to one side that jangles around as you ride. I like it :3:

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

In the new Hoops game mode in Rocket League the cars make the sound of sneakers on a basketball court :3:

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

or Triss I guess if you want her but Yennefer is better

Team Triss forever. She's been helping me out for two games and I'm supposed to drop her like a hot potato once the other comes along? COME ON SON

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

I never had any particularly good call signs in XCOM, but I did have a sniper named Colonel Sanders :3:

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Thin Privilege posted:

I am very confused by this blurry imagine. I think it’s a ninja (?) and there may be a guy behind him but in giant letters it says “NEW REGION DISCOVERED: GREAT GREEN SEA” :confused:

I mean, it’s pretty neat little thing in a game (picture) that I could read the Portuguese but I don’t think the image was meant for me.

It's from the game Assassin's Creed Origins. It wasn't a great time to be capturing that gif since the player happened to be discovering a new region at the time, but the main character (Bayek) has a finishing move he does with heavy weapons that ends with a giant hit to the balls.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Danaru posted:

In Hitman 2, looking down the scope of one of the silenced sniper rifles causes the sounds around you to dull so you can focus, and more inexplicably, causes the version of Ave Maria they used in Blood Money to start playing.

I dont know if the other rifles do it too but :allears:

As far as I remember it is a quirk of that particular gun you were using.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Mamkute posted:

Whenever you are included in the Special Thanks of the credits.

Semi-related, but there was a gambling game for the NES or SNES that I can't remember the name of (I don't think it was Vegas Dream or Vegas Stakes) that let you enter your "dream" at the beginning of the game. If you were a dumb teenager like me, you would enter "gently caress ME" as your dream, beat the game, and then during the credits the game tells you "YOU WILL gently caress ME"

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Gaius Marius posted:

I described it as the greatest piece of fiction ever written and I stand by that.

lmao

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

"responsible"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like