Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I haven't played MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries in probably fifteen years but to this day every single morning I open hand slap a mixtape into my boombox and listen to a 45 minute long remix of Dead Eye telling me I'm a piece of poo poo newbie while a robotic voice monotonously informs me of the local time and ambient temperature.

Reactor online. Sensors online. Weapons online.

All systems nominal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Vanguard Warden posted:

They mean the writers should've just had him killed in the bunker.

But then what's the point of sending assassins if you're just going to have writers kill Hitler?

Mr. Bad Guy has a new favorite as of 23:26 on Dec 5, 2015

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I know it's late, but I just picked up The Witcher: Wild Hunt during the Steam sale, and (no spoilers) during a side quest in the first village you're in, you can simple not do a quest and let some hapless NPC die (peacefully) from some wounds, or you can brew a potion that might cure her, or cause her a horrendously painful death. Right before turning in the quest I save-scummed out of habit, in case she ended up dieing, only for the completion dialogue to state that while my character gains the potion's effects instantly, since the NPC is a vanilla human, it will take a few days to see if it helps or harms her.

TL;DR: Witcher 3 knows about save-scumming, and trolls the poo poo out of you.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I started an RPG game with my character named MrBibs an the opening story dialogue told me that I won in the best way, then the game was over. GotY, 10/10

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Reaper: "DIE, D-" *dies*

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Wasn't Prototype the one where the entire game you think you're playing this guy who was infected by the virus, but at the end it's revealed that the virus totally consumed him and the character you've been playing is just the lingering remnants of his memory/personality that the virus has imprinted itself with?

That is correct.

"No John, you are the virus!"

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I read about the Angry Chicken set being used for speed runs, so when I finally got both items I was like, "Ok let's try this ou-HOLY poo poo WARP CHICKEN ACTIVATE!" It also makes the spells last as long as the cooldown for it, so you can just be a chicken until you find a pack of elites to murder.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

In Mad Max, there are war criers that dangle above fights drumming to pump up the enemy, and there are also massive deadly storms that blow through every now and then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKeWk4VM5yo

Even though it's counter-intuitive, it's worth it to leave the war crier alive at least once, so you can have an open and honest conversation with him about his life choices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21v1SyC0DiM

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

I don't get it. There's a ladder on the side of that building, which you are explicitly told about, so you can get on top of that building and advance the plot? Unless it's just showing off how you can ride a stasis'd object, which I thought was old news by now.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Johnny Aztec posted:

Dude, the scene for act II where Marius is all " It was then that I realized he hadn't been gaining in strength, he had been losing what was left of his... humanity"
I loving LOVE that line.

I'm partial to "I heard a voice then... like a thousand needles in my heart!"

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I just like that I can be a proper Necromancer with two dozen zombies, skeletons and FLYING FLAMING SKULLS following me around murdering everything, even if it's not a viable end-game build, it's fun.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Nuclear War posted:

The Warcraft II manual was insane

Don't forget Diablo 2!

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I don't know why you all keep saying that you Mind Trick Z into killing Mission, I distinctly remember just straight up telling him he owed me a Life Debt, so it was me or Mission. He was crying and saying how sorry he was as he strangled her to death, it was awesome.

edit: Welp, I was wrong. To be fair, KotoR was what, 15 years ago, easily?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojFXEU1NSjQ&t=8s

Mr. Bad Guy has a new favorite as of 15:00 on Apr 12, 2018

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Don Gato posted:

I'm convinced these games don't exist until BioEnchanted actively searches for them, and that retroactively causes the game to be made.

BioEnchanted please make a Golden Axe-esque game based on the movie Willow, tia.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
loving goons making me buy video games about being the bad guy... *expands Steam backlog by one*

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I just started playing Wolfenstein The New Colossus, and after going back to Terror Billy's childhood home I had to take a break and go tell my kids that they can be/do whatever they want and I will always love and support them, except support the systematic extermination of minority groups, that poo poo's not cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I remember reading that New Vegas companions got buffed by your charisma, so at 8+ it basically turned any follower into a murderbeast, and Boone was just the first follower you get to see it with.