Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

muscles like this? posted:

That's pretty much just stolen from their Crysis series, which could do the same thing.

I knew I had done that in some other game. Christ what a forgettable series Crysis turned out to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

carry on then posted:

They went back to open environments with Crysis 3, but that game was too short. I honestly wound up liking Crysis 2 the best because, despite losing everything unique about Crysis 1, was the most well-done end to end. It's not that surprising that a series with "good graphics" as its only claim to fame was forgotten, even though Crysis 3 is still a top 3 most graphically advanced game available, if not still the best.

The story was something special too.

Crysis 1 - Koreans! Wait uh, Aliens!
Crysis 2 - Guy from the first game sticks his alien power armor on another guy to save his life and then blows his brains out. Turns out he's now a Ghost in The Machine and they're totally gonna be Master Chief and Cortana now. Also you probably beat this game in a day.
Crysis 3 - Just kidding, the guy in the suit is dead and now the guy from the first game controls his gross lifeless corpse in the suit.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
In the Injustice universe she already had a baby that Joker never knew about. :eng101:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

William Bear posted:

One of my favorite examples of foreshadowing in a game is in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion during the Dark Brotherhood questline.

Halfway through it, you start getting assassination targets and payments through dead drops.

The first two orders are written on this:

The third and onwards orders look like this:

The change is really noticeable with the letters lined up alphabetically in your inventory (e.g. "Dead Drop Orders 1", "Dead Drop Orders 2", "Dead Drop Orders 3", etc.).

The reason is that a traitor (who's totally insane) in the Dark Brotherhood switched your orders after the first two, making you kill other Dark Brotherhood members to avenge his mother.

The handwriting and manner of writing change as well.