Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

much like FGM, honour killing is not a uniquely muslim thing nor does it have anything to do with islam per se, although it is practiced by muslims and defended by imams in some predominantly muslim countries, whereas in others it isn't. likewise, hindus, christians, buddhists and all manner of people from different religions, sects, tribes, cults, cultures and geographic locations practice honour killings and honour-related violence of one form or another. the root causes are typically misogyny or homophobia. hope this helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the moops

permabanned
Aug 12, 2008

優しい野菜

SplitSoul posted:

much like FGM, honour killing is not a uniquely muslim thing nor does it have anything to do with islam per se, although it is practiced by muslims and defended by imams in some predominantly muslim countries, whereas in others it isn't. likewise, hindus, christians, buddhists and all manner of people from different religions, sects, tribes, cults, cultures and geographic locations practice honour killings and honour-related violence of one form or another. the root causes are typically misogyny or homophobia. hope this helps.

They key is most practitioners of most religions were doing it before our birth and mostly stopped doing it , while muslims are doing it today, where we live spoiling the quality of life in the countries they have moved in to escape the lovely quality of life their religion created in their own countries. That's a drat big difference.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

its a dumb religion but the art is good, much like all other religions.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Yivgev posted:

its a dumb religion but the art is good, much like all other religions.

the caligraphy art is ok i guess but their dumb iconoclasm trip kept them from producing anyone on par with bernini

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

"yeah i carved a lady getting off and stuck it in a church, what of it"

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrttttttttttttttttttt

permabanned posted:

pbbsstttaaacckkkk

if you import third world people you import third world problems - Britain for Britains, Muslimia for Muslims, right?

and yet they come here and demand special privileges - imposing their values on ours. Our countries aren't made like that or for them - that's not intolerance it's simply realistic.

Can't wait to see how the liberals squack about that

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

permabanned posted:

They key is most practitioners of most religions were doing it before our birth and mostly stopped doing it , while muslims are doing it today, where we live spoiling the quality of life in the countries they have moved in to escape the lovely quality of life their religion created in their own countries. That's a drat big difference.

people do it in greece, sardinia, and other christian, first world regions in and around the mediterranean, and they don't do it in the heavily muslim parts of southeast asia, nor do they do it at the same frequency in the heavily muslim parts of west africa. blaming it on the religion has less basis than blaming it on the climate lol.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

Effectronica posted:

people do it in greece, sardinia, and other christian, first world regions in and around the mediterranean, and they don't do it in the heavily muslim parts of southeast asia, nor do they do it at the same frequency in the heavily muslim parts of west africa. blaming it on the religion has less basis than blaming it on the climate lol.

probably because none of those are actually white countries - makes you think

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Griff Lee posted:

probably because none of those are actually white countries - makes you think

race... realism...

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
credit where credit is due, medieval muslim architecture kicks the hell out of european churches

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

paranoid randroid posted:

credit where credit is do, medieval muslim architecture kicks the hell out of european churches

:rock:

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

TheIllestVillain posted:

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

:eyepop:

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

TheIllestVillain posted:

This but unironically

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

yeah i know, its technically greek construction, but gently caress it im just going to post pretty poo poo from antiquity now

painting over the tacky pantokrators was an improvement, lets be real here

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i hope someday they find the byzantine emperor's throne walled up in teh basement of a villa in venice somewhere. poo poo was extremely deck

quote:

In front of the emperor’s throne was set up a tree of gilded bronze, its branches filled with birds, likewise made of bronze gilded over, and these emitted cries appropriate to their species. Now the emperor’s throne was made in such a cunning manner that at one moment it was down on the ground, while at another it rose higher and was to be seen up in the air. This throne was of immense size and was, as it were, guarded by lions, made either of bronze or wood covered with gold, which struck the ground with their tails and roared with open mouth and quivering tongue. Leaning on the shoulders of two eunuchs, I was brought into the emperor’s presence. As I came up the lions began to roar and the birds to twitter, each according to its kind, but I was moved neither by fear nor astonishment … After I had done obeisance to the Emperor by prostrating myself three times, I lifted my head, and behold! the man whom I had just seen sitting at a moderate height from the ground had now changed his vestments and was sitting as high as the ceiling of the hall. I could not think how this was done, unless perhaps he was lifted up by some such machine as is used for raising the timbers of a wine press.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
you can't judge others, it is the LIEberal way

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

TheIllestVillain posted:

I met some friends in the pub tonight and, in the course of conversation, found out there is a Chinese take away called Lynn Kee. I spent around two minutes busting my hole laughing. poo poo like that makes me believe in optimism.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

know whats really hosed up? i was discussing it with my family over dinner, and there are no proper accurate racial slurs for east indians.

I mean you can call them ragheads but thats just ignorant.

Please let me know how to degrade these people in every day speech.

Closest I could come was "Paki" because indians hate people from pakistan and to be called a paki, which is a racial slur for people from pakistan, insults even them (loving lol at this).

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

paki is just a catch all slur for south asian in the UK

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Yeah I looked it up too a while ago isn't that hosed?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

but they are offended because they think you think they are a paki, and they are not.

Not because its a slur.

Thats my understanding anyway.

AS a US citizen I can't think of a slur for indians (dot).

This troubles me greatly.

I like to be able to think-hate slurs at non-whites while talking to them. It gives my eyes an ominous glint.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Wendigee posted:

know whats really hosed up? i was discussing it with my family over dinner, and there are no proper accurate racial slurs for east indians.

I mean you can call them ragheads but thats just ignorant.

Please let me know how to degrade these people in every day speech.

Closest I could come was "Paki" because indians hate people from pakistan and to be called a paki, which is a racial slur for people from pakistan, insults even them (loving lol at this).

wog is the traditional british slur for all mideasterners and south asians

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

paranoid randroid posted:

"yeah i carved a lady getting off and stuck it in a church, what of it"

The Ecstasy of St. Teresa, depicting this: "In another vision, a seraph[11] drove the fiery point of a golden lance repeatedly through her heart, causing an ineffable spiritual-bodily pain."

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Miltank posted:

Yeah I looked it up too a while ago isn't that hosed?

*fist bump*

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
woggers?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Effectronica posted:

yeah that did come up when I was searching, but apparently it just means they are a local constabulary, which i guess is an insult because they are the indian uncle tom keeping the rabble at bay? I need a word that packs a punch like friend of the family, but refers strictly to the injuns.

Goons don't let me down.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
curry-niggers

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Indians have only recently started loving us over by taking all our jobs plus they can't stop acting like animals so I'm sure america will come up with a super great racial slur for them.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Effectronica posted:

wog to brits just means greasy foreigner, hence "the wogs begin at Calais"

wog is australian for any kind of mediterranean person, european or asian

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Call them a slight mispronunciation of their given name and continue to do so even if they correct you multiple times. This will infuriate them, and it also has the added benefit of working on anyone, regardless of race.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Well, I work in the tech industry, and I've been through a couple of "outsourcing's".

Surprise, india is cheap for tech stuff because they don't have good schools or educations.

If the business doesn't go under they cut that poo poo out after 8-12 months of poo poo progress.

Curry mouth idiot may be a good idiom, but its quite a mouthful.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Blistex posted:

Call them a slight mispronunciation of their given name and continue to do so even if they correct you multiple times. This will infuriate them, and it also has the added benefit of working on anyone, regardless of race.

hahah touché

The best are the Sri Lankan folks. Guys got like 4 syllables minimum in their last names.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
I read an article once about how Indians and Chinese are basically retarded babies who never learn how to set goals for themselves or complete tasks on their own thanks to their hosed up schooling.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Miltank posted:

I read an article once about how Indians and Chinese are basically retarded babies who never learn how to set goals for themselves or complete tasks on their own thanks to their hosed up schooling.

that's why they send their kids to american universities. couple of frat parties will shape them right up.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

Effectronica posted:

that's why they send their kids to american universities. couple of frat parties will shape them right up.

if they don't get murdered in the garage lmao

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Effectronica posted:

I don't mean to sound racist (haha), but the only good indian/chinese tech people are those that went or at least finished school outside Asia.

You can't loving memorize how to troubleshoot or code something abnormal.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Wendigee posted:

I don't mean to sound racist (haha), but the only good indian/chinese tech people are those that went or at least finished school outside Asia.

You can't loving memorize how to troubleshoot or code something abnormal.

there are some real benefits to knowing how to operate individualistically in an industrial/post-industrial society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Hey I'm thankful. If they taught Asians how to think and problem solve I would be out of a job.

• Locked thread