Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I live in a safe neighborhood and don't need to lock my door because of crime but I do anyway just because of situations like yours, OP. The previous tenant of my house vanished one day with no forwarding address and didn't tell anyone she was leaving. When I first moved in I'd have her friends let themselves into my house looking for her to be shocked when she didn't live here anymore, alongside police with warrants for her (that was fun to wake up to). I lock the deadbolt as soon as I shut the door behind me out of habit now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
My parents have an autolocking lock on their door, it also has a keypad that you can punch in a code to unlock the door so if you forget your keys it's not a problem (assuming you remember your code). It also makes a terrible screeching alarm if someone enters the code wrong too many times.

• Locked thread