Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
When I come home I lock my door because I don't want someone to come in my house. I think you just learned first hand why you lock your loving door when you're home. You clearly don't live in an area where you can expect to leave that poo poo open and be fine, because you did and someone walked in. So loving lock your door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

KillHour posted:

I think you're paranoid as hell, and speaking as someone who designs security systems for a living, also naive. Believe it or not, residential grade locks offer exactly 0 resistance to forced entry. I don't know what kind of burglars you're thinking of that are in too much of a hurry to check if anyone's home but also give up when faced with the fabled and completely impenetrable "locked door", but I've never heard of them.

Yeah I lock my door because I don't want people loving walking in. Locked doors might not stop a burglar but it will stop my mom from strolling in uninvited. That's enough of a reason.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

KillHour posted:

My mom would probably just knock on the door instead of walking away dejected. People aren't like in the game Lemmings where they blindly walk forward unless there's a locked door in the way. Also, she has a key because we're adults and she respects my privacy enough to call before coming over.

What the gently caress man?

Bitch going to walk, I'm not answering the door.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
Left my door unlocked today for a little while and I poo poo you not some stranger tried to walk into my apartment. Told him to get the gently caress out. Now I'm telling the goons because it's a pretty funny coincidence if you think about it.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Taima posted:

elaborate

That's about it. It doesn't have to be a big loving deal. Someone peeps their head in that isn't supposed to, you say "Get the gently caress out" and they do or maybe they don't. This dude did. That was about it.

I live on the ground level and my door opens up right onto a public street so it's not like surprising. Hence why I usually lock my door when I'm home.

• Locked thread