Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tibor
Apr 29, 2009
I'd also recommend actually telling the person to leave and not enter your house illegally rather than pretending everything's ok while they're currently lurking in your house, especially if you suspected she'd been in there before. I know you were probably taken off guard but you need to express this to the woman herself, not just the people she lives with. Unless she has some sort of learning disability or whatever she's a grown woman and you need to deal with her directly and follow up with your neighbours, not go to them first like they're her parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

Dr_Amazing posted:

Yeah this is what I was going to say.

Does every other person here come home and immediately lock the door behind them every time?

Yes, every time. Sometimes the police come around and let themselves in to your house if you've left your door unlocked just to prove a point. Admittedly the neighbour shouldn't assume an unlocked door means 'come on in' but then if you live in a neighbourhood so blissful you genuinely don't feel a need to lock your door, maybe the norms about letting yourself in to people's homes are different too.

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

Scenty posted:

Uh, you can get a key made for less than 5 bucks.

In the UK most rental properties have keys which can't be copied so that landlords don't have to change the locks every time a tenant moves out.

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

Low Carb Bread posted:

Keys which can't be copied? As in, they say "do not copy" on them? I've yet to find this to be a problem if you go to a small key copying place.

Nah they don't say anything like that on them but there must be some way of identifying whether they can be copied because they can tell just by looking at it. It's happened to me twice and is the norm in my area; I've only been to small, local key copiers too. I don't know if it's physically impossible to copy the keys but I know no one around here will do it for you.

• Locked thread