Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Personally, I hate the doors that autolock because they mean I pretty consistently lock myself out and have to pry open a bathroom window or something to crawl through. When it's 2am and I wake up to realize I forgot to take out the trash for morning pickup, "Remember to bring your keys" is not readily in the top of my foggy mind. If I'm lucky, I will remember to put on pants. I'm lucky if I remember my keys under ideal conditions, but at least with a regular door I will remember them when I try to lock it from outside and realize nothing is in my hands.

Anyway, my current doors don't autolock, and I lock when no one's home&awake, but I'm honestly more worried about injuring myself or something and my upstairs neighbour, who I both like and trust, being unable to get in to help me than I am about someone wandering into my house being a serious threat to me and yet also being unwilling to knock out a screen window pane. Different priorities, I guess?

With my terrible memory, insuring my house was "secure" would likely cost me more in calls to the locksmith than however much I'd lose getting burgled the way it is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread