Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR

photomikey posted:

Politely handling a trespassing neighbor is when kids are playing ball and their outfield encroaches on your petunias.

A stranger in your livingroom is potentially burglary, and I would be direct when approaching the neighbors. For what it's worth, I'd start the story with "so I was in my bedroom in my underwear yesterday, and when I came downstairs your sister was standing in my livingroom". I would expect that opening line would bring about a gasp and immediate apologies. Whether it does or not, at least you know where you stand.

This needs reinforcing. Polite is when a neighbors <10 year old kid and friends use your yard as a soccer field a few times and you need to bring it up with their parents. Adults randomly entering another occupied household without any sort of permission, borders on criminal activity and should result in letting your neighbor know you had to call the cops today because the sister in law wandered into your house. People get shot and killed for less, its really not something you want to mess around with. What if she is doing the same in other neighbors houses? What if she harms children in another household?

Call the cops, report the activity, let them take it from there. You don't want to be the guy wondering if you should have reported something earlier when it turns out that random sister killed someone because they are nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread