Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Looks like you could park the Fiat in the bed of the Ram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Do your neighbors look at you weird when you line all of your orange things up?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Mat_Drinks posted:

Do your neighbors look at you weird when you line all of your orange things up?

Eyes burning with envy, maybe.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
There is a nice Indian family over there apparently and they were standing out there looking for a while. I can only imagine ther were thinking about stupid Americans and their obnoxious cars and huge trucks.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
and their orangeness. :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Holdbrooks posted:

There is a nice Indian family over there apparently and they were standing out there looking for a while. I can only imagine ther were thinking about stupid Americans and their obnoxious cars and huge trucks.

Orange isn't obnoxious. Beige is.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Don't you have a bright orange crotch rocket as well? I hope you didn't leave her out of the lineup on purpose :mad:

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Holdbrooks posted:

Here is all of my orange things (for now)

Truck needs a flat black plastidipped grille and bumper to match the others.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

8ender posted:

Truck needs a flat black plastidipped grille and bumper to match the others.

And a spoiler.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
I have ordered all the parts I need to fix and upgrade the fiat. I guess I will keep it until I can afford to buy a tesla to replace it

Parts list:
New star spec tire to match the rest
New strut mounts
Bilstien coilovers
New sway bars f/r
End links and tie rods
New control arm
Whiteline control arm bushings
Rear camber shims
New torque arm bushing

I'm probably going to pick up some camber bolts for the front and send the ecu off for a tune while its sitting there for the next month. And I guess I can install the ported TB, GFB bypass valve, and start fabbing up the new down pipe and exhaust while I wait also.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
You need a warehouse / living quarters combo for all that cool poo poo you have. drat, dude.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
How does the size/ergonomics of the Exocet compare to a normal Miata? is there more legroom?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Holdbrooks posted:

Parts list:
New star spec tire to match the rest
New strut mounts
Bilstien coilovers
New sway bars f/r
End links and tie rods
New control arm
Whiteline control arm bushings
Rear camber shims
New torque arm bushing

I read the list and thought it was for the truck. I'm hoping it's for the truck. You need a big fuckoff wing for the truck.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

BraveUlysses posted:

How does the size/ergonomics of the Exocet compare to a normal Miata? is there more legroom?

There is more space to mount the seat further back so that is nice. I fit better than I do in the miata but getting in and out with the full cage is interesting.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

NitroSpazzz posted:

I read the list and thought it was for the truck. I'm hoping it's for the truck. You need a big fuckoff wing for the truck.

Nope it's for the fiat.

Also I'm buying new vinyl to redo the fiat and can't decide if I want to do gloss or matte orange this time. What do you guys think?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Holdbrooks posted:

Nope it's for the fiat.

Also I'm buying new vinyl to redo the fiat and can't decide if I want to do gloss or matte orange this time. What do you guys think?

Gloss.

reggae airhorn
May 7, 2014
What vinyl are you using, and are you doing it yourself, on your own?

Asking because I bought some off eBay and it seems like a hell of a learning curve. I'm getting better, but I see some advertised as being incredibly easy

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

reggae airhorn posted:

Asking because I bought some off eBay and it seems like a hell of a learning curve. I'm getting better, but I see some advertised as being incredibly easy

I have only used the hexis material and it really easy to do and I will be doing it myself again I'm sure. I did the first fiat and it was pretty easy but wanted no part of the complex curves and hard lines of the STi so I got a good deal to have both done last time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

reggae airhorn posted:

Wouldn't happen to be Vivvid brand?

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Rhyno posted:

I tried to talk you out of using poo poo brand stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Holdbrooks posted:

I tried to talk you out of using poo poo brand stuff.

It was for the poo poo car so I didn't think it mattered. I still may give it another go when the temps aren't below 40.

reggae airhorn
May 7, 2014

Rhyno posted:

Yes it would. Vvivid 7 I think. Very thick and difficult on compound curves, and I used it for the bumpers and grille surround on my Sierra. It cost me $125 for a 6'x25' roll delivered so I'm not displeased, but I'd like to try something else. If anything, I learned the hard way how to do it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

reggae airhorn posted:

Yes it would. Vvivid 7 I think. Very thick and difficult on compound curves, and I used it for the bumpers and grille surround on my Sierra. It cost me $125 for a 6'x25' roll delivered so I'm not displeased, but I'd like to try something else. If anything, I learned the hard way how to do it

I got the same but 5'x33"for $130. I had major trouble with the curve of the rear deck. Fender didn't turn out so bad but it cracked apart after sitting for a day. Door doesn't appear to have failed yet.

reggae airhorn
May 7, 2014

Rhyno posted:

I got the same but 5'x33"for $130. I had major trouble with the curve of the rear deck. Fender didn't turn out so bad but it cracked apart after sitting for a day. Door doesn't appear to have failed yet.

I had separation and cracking on my bumper along the curve just above the fog light cover in the picture. Learned it takes a lot of post heat to have it set and not unstick itself. I used a blow torch for that.

sorry for all the vinyl chat

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

reggae airhorn posted:

I had separation and cracking on my bumper along the curve just above the fog light cover in the picture. Learned it takes a lot of post heat to have it set and not unstick itself

Good to know. I may save it and try wrapping the Miata with it. Depends on where I go automotively this spring.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
I took the STi up to Phoenix to hang out with Jamal and realize I need to drive it more because it is so much fun.

I dodged most of them but but I caught a tumble weed that was still in the intercooler when I got back home.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
And in other orange thing news I got a call from the body shop and the new truck is ready for pick up in the morning. I had the bumpers and headlight panels painted to match and get rid of the chrome.

And here is a pic I forgot to post from cars and coffee last week. Orange dodge buddies :3

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Your truck is so loving orange it's causing the paint on that Honda to retreat from the glare.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

In for more pics of orange. Curious to see how the paint turned out. Can't picture it in my head right now without the chrome.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Bajaha posted:

In for more pics of orange. Curious to see how the paint turned out. Can't picture it in my head right now without the chrome.

It will still have the chrome grill but I am going to plastidip it black until I can locate a non bro black grill and buy the OEM black projector headlights.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Goddrat I love that Subaru :allears:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I love that car so much.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Big things coming for it soon, talking with Jamal has me motivated to get it ready and on the track ASAP! Who need money anyway.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Holdbrooks posted:

It will still have the chrome grill but I am going to plastidip it black until I can locate a non bro black grill and buy the OEM black projector headlights.

Yes this is the correct thing to do. gently caress chrome and the baby boomers who continue to support its presence

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
I really like the paint match! And I'm about to plastidip that grill for now.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Looks so much better. Can't wait for the grill and lights.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
It's better but look more like a work truck with the all satin black grill. So in thinking maybe a color matched grill with a black insert now if I can't find a non bro aftermarket one that gets rid of the dodge cross and badge in the middle.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
How'd they paint over the chrome? Sand it down or some sort of chemical de-chromer?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

revmoo posted:

How'd they paint over the chrome? Sand it down or some sort of chemical de-chromer?

Chrome is metal just like steel, I imagine primer sticks just fine if you rough it up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

revmoo posted:

Chemical strip the chrome off then sand blast the bare metal before priming and painting so it won't flake off.

• Locked thread