Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

rydiafan posted:

I didn't see Anchorman 2 because it looked like it sucked, so I have no idea what that is referencing.

It loving sucked, yes. And I don't recognise the stupid audio from the film. Sounds like Will Ferrell though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Macrame_God posted:

I picked up season one on blu-ray. Listening to Sophie, Maisie and Isaac sing the theme song on the commentary track had me howling. That alone made it worth the purchase.

Season 2 has them doing that again in a different style. It's even better, if that's possible.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

No More Heroes posted:

All I wanna know is: wheres Jorah going?

I bet he's gonna have a change of heart, and stay nearby. When poo poo gets real Jorah can swoop in, save the day, and win back Dany's heart.
Just like in A Bug's Life. :downs:

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
I thought this episode was garbage, personally.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thors Bitch! posted:

Something a friend made from last weeks episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acWLpQb-q20

He disabled ratings because his video sucks.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Ballz posted:

Tormund Giantsbane (Kristofer Hivju)
A wildling, owns a magnificent beard. Last Seen: Still killing (time) with the Thenns.

gently caress, so this dude ISN'T Mance Rayder? I'm really bad at this show. I also genuinely thought Locke was a new character when he showed up at the wall until after the episode he died when it was pointed out he was the dude that cut Jaime's hand off, and was working for Roose Bolton. Sometimes theres just too many characters to keep track of, and by sometimes I mean all the time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tomahawk posted:

gently caress, so this dude ISN'T Mance Rayder? I'm really bad at this show. I also genuinely thought Locke was a new character when he showed up at the wall until after the episode he died when it was pointed out he was the dude that cut Jaime's hand off, and was working for Roose Bolton. Sometimes theres just too many characters to keep track of, and by sometimes I mean all the time.

I honestly can't blame you in this instance. Aside from Ygritte, the show has done a really bad job getting you to know and care about the characters beyond the Wall. I don't know why they decided to so barely focus on that plotline but it's a real pity.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
So now that Oberyn is gone, who do you think Tywin will put on the Small Council in his place?

It's currently Tywin, Cersei, Varys, Pycelle and Mace Tyrell, right? Is Littlefinger on it, but on holiday or something? Did he have a legitimate excuse for not being at Joffrey's wedding or Tommen's coronation?

Tywin putting Oberyn on it was clearly a sop to Dorne, but I don't know how keen they'll be to send another Prince of Dorne up. If I were Tywin I wouldn't want to fill it with too many Tyrells (so I guess Loras is out.) I can't think of many more viable candidates - as fun as Bronn would be up there.

Who is the current Master of Coin now that Tyrion's left? I know Tywin was talking to Cersei about the lack of gold under Casterley Rock, but is he also the one hiding the angry red letters from the Iron Bank telling him that his loan is still outstanding?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Is tonight a two parter that ends the season?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zwabu posted:

Nope. Still one more week after this.

Doubtful Guest posted:

It's currently Tywin, Cersei, Varys, Pycelle and Mace Tyrell, right? Is Littlefinger on it, but on holiday or something? Did he have a legitimate excuse for not being at Joffrey's wedding or Tommen's coronation?

Littlefinger is still officially on his mission to marry Lysa Arryn and bring the Vale into the Lannister fold. We know that he has other plans (or so he said to the other Lords of the Vale :tinfoil:), but as far as Tywin and co know, he's still working for them.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 8, 2014

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Zwabu posted:

The finale is a two-parter?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

My PIN is 4826 posted:

The finale is a two-parter?

Nope. Never has been, probably never will be.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
Pretty much every episode has cliffhangers. Each season is basically a 10 part episode.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Tomahawk posted:

As annoying as my long rear end character guide is, posts like this are why I'm content with keeping it and why I've been hesitant to prune it of the Kevan Lannisters and Kovarros of the show (although I have reluctantly been removing a couple each week, sorry you're not gonna be hanging around anymore, random Frey dudes).

Zwabu posted:

"Two parter" as in there's one more episode after this week. But no, it's not going to be wall-to-wall coverage of Jon's antics for the next two weeks.

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
Have you ever considered just linking the character guide?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Bobo the Red posted:

Pretty much every episode has cliffhangers. Each season is basically a 10 part episode.

He meant that the preview made it sound like two episodes in one night, which it does for some reason.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones

Ballz posted:

Thoros of Myr (Paul Kaye)
A Red Priest of the Brotherhood. Last Seen: Stuck in a Bet Victor advert

Probably the only place we'll see him this season (not a book reader)

thecolorpurple
Feb 6, 2013

Doubtful Guest posted:

So now that Oberyn is gone, who do you think Tywin will put on the Small Council in his place?

Tywin putting Oberyn on it was clearly a sop to Dorne, but I don't know how keen they'll be to send another Prince of Dorne up. If I were Tywin I wouldn't want to fill it with too many Tyrells (so I guess Loras is out.) I can't think of many more viable candidates - as fun as Bronn would be up there.

Who is the current Master of Coin now that Tyrion's left? I know Tywin was talking to Cersei about the lack of gold under Casterley Rock, but is he also the one hiding the angry red letters from the Iron Bank telling him that his loan is still outstanding?

The Master of Coin position is currently vacant, I think. It's traditionally King (Queen Regent Cersei), Hand (Ned-Tyrion-Tywin), Whispers (Varys), Grand Maester (Pycelle), Ships (Stannis-Mace lol), Lord Commander of the Kingsguard/Wildcard (Robert didn't trust Selmy so this was Renly-vacant-Oberyn) and Coin was Baelish then Tyrion.

Ironically, Kevan Lannister or one of the tolerable Freys would be logical choices, to me. The Freys are rich from tolling their bridge, and Tywin could make a big show of hearing the truth from whatever Frey lacky he picks, publicly punish Walder, and then install the "honorable" Frey in his place.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

thecolorpurple posted:

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard/Wildcard (Robert didn't trust Selmy so this was Renly-vacant-Oberyn)
Renly had a normal position, Master of Laws.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

I honestly can't blame you in this instance. Aside from Ygritte, the show has done a really bad job getting you to know and care about the characters beyond the Wall. I don't know why they decided to so barely focus on that plotline but it's a real pity.

Yeah, it's kinda lacking there. They cast a heavyweight like Ciaran Hinds as Mance but he popped up like what, three times? With maybe a dozen lines in total?

No More Toast
May 11, 2013

Atheist! Imperialist!!

The OP just made me realise that Ilyn Payne and Podrick Payne are related. :psyduck:

Tuco22
Jul 11, 2013

No More Toast posted:

The OP just made me realise that Ilyn Payne and Podrick Payne are related. :psyduck:

A spitting image of his father distant cousin...?

Tuco22 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 8, 2014

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

No More Toast posted:

what I've read the books and I never picked up on this until now either :psyboom:

According to the Game of Thrones wiki:

quote:

Podrick Payne is a distant cousin of the more famous Ser Ilyn Payne, the King's Justice, and member of a lesser branch of House Payne.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Tuco22 posted:

A spitting image of his father.

That dude looks like grumpy cat.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Jory (dude that Jamie stabs in the eye in S1) is the son of Ser Rodrik (fat dude with awesome sideburns that Theon beheaded poorly)

Kevyn fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 8, 2014

Tuco22
Jul 11, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

what I've read the books and I never picked up on this until now either :psyboom:

According to the Game of Thrones wiki:

Wow, reading all 5 books I've always assumed Pod was Ilyns son...

poirot818
Jun 1, 2011
Ron Donachie (Rodrik Cassel) is also the father of Daniel Portman (Podrick Payne).

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm a loving book reader and I thought that was Mance Rayder for ages too.

This loving show.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

HookShot posted:

I'm a loving book reader and I thought that was Mance Rayder for ages too.

This loving show.

Well when Jon Snow first meets the both of them at the wildlings frozen lake camp he thought Tormund was Mance too and they made a big joke about it. Mance Rayder has had jack poo poo for screen time anyways.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

:siren::tviv::woop: 3 HOURS 57 MINUTES :woop::slick::siren:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I hope that Arya is still laughing the next time we see her.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Mister Kingdom posted:

Hopefully laughing while gutting someone.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Mister Kingdom posted:

I really hope that they let her run into Sansa. Like Sansa's going out for a ride with Pete and Robin and Arya's literally stuck at the gates that they'll all need to ride through in order to get anywhere. And all the knights guarding the gate would be loving idiots for letting her just go on her way without telling Pete about it first.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

a cop posted:

:siren::tviv::woop: 3 HOURS 57 MINUTES :woop::slick::siren:

I'm already drinking.

Personally I hope the first scene is Bronn showing up and hacking a path through the crowd while Jaime swoops in to snatch Tyrion and they escape as a trio to live out their swashbuckling days on some remote island full of whores.

And I hope Tyrion axes Shae in the vagina as they flee.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Accretionist posted:

That dude looks like grumpy cat.

If you had your tongue cut out by order of the Mad King, you'd have a perma-scowl too.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

If you had your tongue cut out by order of the Mad King, you'd have a perma-scowl too.

edit: the SA uploader doesn't work anymore? :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

My PIN is 4826 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 8, 2014

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
I feel kind of weird about tonight's episode. As far as I can tell, there are only three characters we're supposed to care about (Jon, Sam, Ygritte) taking part in the entire episode. Ygritte has had her story arc (potentially) completed by killing potato dad, but letting Gilly leave, so I can see her dying. Sam could get a good death, I guess. I don't think Jon can die. I'm not sure exactly what is hanging in the balance.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

No More Heroes posted:

Well when Jon Snow first meets the both of them at the wildlings frozen lake camp he thought Tormund was Mance too and they made a big joke about it. Mance Rayder has had jack poo poo for screen time anyways.

I vaguely remember this now. The problem is that that happened over a year ago at this point and we haven't seen the real Mance since. The show then compounds this problem because every time they mention "Mance Rayder's army is coming" in promos, intro reminder scenes, or even directly in the show, they cut to Tormund walking around being all angry.

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

I learned which actor was playing Mance Rayder on the show last week in the character guide from this thread. I felt embarrassed but now that everyone else (EVERYONE ELSE BETTER ADMIT TO IT) I don't feel so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
They're gonna kill Ygritte and it is the worst :(

• Locked thread