Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

quote:

NEW DELHI - A minister from Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's ruling party has said, "Everyone I know in government has participated in at least half a dozen accidental gang rapes and you fuckers elected us so they can't be that bad."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

you joke but it was in the news a while ago that about half of their congress had either been convicted or had trials pending lol

now i'm depressed

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Please elaborate, are you saying rapes in America are not something to be concerned about? Even if hypothetically ten times more rapes in India go unreported, the US is still higher. Kinda puts me off wanting to ever visit such a rapey country! gently caress that I'd rather go to India.

Then just go.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
My good sister went to india in febuary and claims she didn't get raped. But she's all new age and spent a month in compound of spiritual leaders so she might have been sheltered.

She did say there were frogs in the toilets and monkeys stole peoples cigarettes so if you smoke or poop you should keep that in mind.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Can an American goon please explain why exactly reported rapes are so high in the US compared to India? Is it the culture or something? Are Indian men just more respectful to women in general? Tia.

I suspect you're trolling but I'll give a real answer.

In America woman have been able to vote for 100 years, they hold political office, some people take them seriously. there is gender inequality but it's looked on as being distasteful by most americans.

In India the infrastructure is so horrible that people dig holes and then charge other people to poo poo in these holes. Women are banned from making GBS threads in these holes and have to resort to making GBS threads in alleys. When that sort of discrimination happens against your gender reporting rape isn't even a thing you consider.

If you're not a troll, you're a loving retard imho.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Cucking Mama posted:

you're a human being brickcow

I only have sex with men on days that end with "y"

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Im actually not trolling I just have a hard time getting my head around why American rape statistics are irrelevant when they're way worse than the country youre mocking for it. And yeah i get the whole argument that many are unreported... but more than ten times more are unreported? I have a hard time believing that based on anything more than just 'cos I said so'. Rape is bad wherever it happens I just think the US needs to focus on getting its own poo poo straight first. Thanks for listening, take care of yourself... and each other.

Oh gently caress, you're being pleasant and agreeable. I hate that. I'll serious post.

In my opinion I think the percentage of one on one rapes and rapes of violence/aggression are probably statistically the same everywhere. There's just a percentage of people who think they deserve what they want or really want to hate gently caress someone and will take it any way possible.

The difference between India and first world countries is that gang rape is a culturally supported idea. It's not that there is more rape anywhere. It's that there's an underlying idea in Indian culture that gang rape is a fitting punishment for some indiscretion. And rape in general doesn't get reported because of this cultural acceptance.

I actually like you, gyp fan, keep posting.

(look at me all postig in gbs with full sentinces an spellin and gramer)

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Lonely Virgil posted:

India has a wonderful culture, I visit there last year for a week. I only got grouped like 5 times and flashed twice. It' a wonderful, kind country towards women, you guys are just racist.

Flashed by women or men? this is important.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

TheIllestVillain posted:

is it true that indians smell bad all the time

Yes. When I was in college the only Indians in town owned a gas station/restaurant and it smelled like poo poo all the time but the food was fantastic.

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

However I do wonder if, for example, similar punishments might be carried out in the US by some gangs? India has had the spotlight on it lately because of certain undeniably horrific cases and ever since its made for easy news to just publicise it whenever it happens but I'm pretty sure gang rapes happen everywhere. The statistic of reported rapes in the US is alarming and, similarly to India, rape and rapists are openly despised. Case studies alone will not convince me because you dont have to look far to see horrific examples in the US or anywhere else either.

I like you too and I'm down for a non rapey kiss and a cuddle if you are.

There are gangs that do it here. There gangs that do it where you are. There are gangs that do it on trains. There are gangs that do it in green eggs and ham. But BUT it's not culturally acceptable here or in your blimey country. There is however a cultural memory in India that says this is how we shame women into learning their place.

In the poast twenty years or so the internet has allowed humans (loving poo poo i hate serious posting) to look at one and other and really see what is going on. We have been able to distill what is human tendencies and what is beyound the norm. Raping a girl because you can't have her or hate her is literally programmed into some people. It's not right or fair and should be punished but it happens over and over. We can and should hate it but it will happen.

Gang rapes are completely a cultural thing; whether its the culture of india or the culture of a street gang in Albuquerque. It's not natural.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

At the risk of playing the devils avocado if it were culturally acceptable everywhere in India to commit rapes wouldn't the statistic be higher than it is in America and not ten times less? Is it not conceivable that the majority of Indians are actually opposed to rape and that this is why the figure is so low? Instead it would imply that it is actually more culturally acceptable in America to do it? Whether thats college jocks who date rape, or gangs who punish girls for associating with different gangs, is it not possible that there are more 'cultures' in America that tolerate it hence the undeniably higher rates of sexual assault?

I'm gonna make an analogy out of Americas past.

Say president Lincoln says its against the law to rape a black slave. And anyone who rapes a slave will be judged by their peers. In the northern states only one person in a year gets convicted of violating this law.

In the southern states only one person in a year gets convicted of violating this law.

HUGE loving DIFFERENCE.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I have a solution. We take al of the rapist, American, British, Indian, whatever, and round them up and send them humanely to some kind of prison island to rape in peace, away from the innocent. That's going to be a lot of guys, so it may need to be more of an island continent, if you catch my drift

They did that and its called australia and for some hugely hosed up evolutiontionary reason the hottest girls on the loving planet come from australia now. I suggest a colony for criminals on the moon: imagine australia hot wise girls without gravity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
holy poo poo, people posted some things in this thread between the time that i passed out and i woke up. hold on guys i gotta read up.

• Locked thread