Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

India has a wonderful culture, I visit there last year for a week. I only got grouped like 5 times and flashed twice. It' a wonderful, kind country towards women, you guys are just racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

brick cow posted:

Flashed by women or men? this is important.

By men while screaming at me that I was a 'white whore', or at least that what my guide told me.

Beautiful country, beautiful people.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

However I do wonder if, for example, similar punishments might be carried out in the US by some gangs? India has had the spotlight on it lately because of certain undeniably horrific cases and ever since its made for easy news to just publicise it whenever it happens but I'm pretty sure gang rapes happen everywhere. The statistic of reported rapes in the US is alarming and, similarly to India, rape and rapists are openly despised. Case studies alone will not convince me because you dont have to look far to see horrific examples in the US or anywhere else either.

I like you too and I'm down for a non rapey kiss and a cuddle if you are.

i agree. gang rape happen all the time on subways here. It's kind of like feeding frenzy every rush hours. We tolerate it because it's just another part of urban culture. i guess.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

butplug accident posted:

the more news worthy a rape is, the more important and rapey it is, i agree

quality over quantity.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

At the risk of playing the devils avocado if it were culturally acceptable everywhere in India to commit rapes wouldn't the statistic be higher than it is in America and not ten times less? Is it not conceivable that the majority of Indians are actually opposed to rape and that this is why the figure is so low? Instead it would imply that it is actually more culturally acceptable in America to do it? Whether thats college jocks who date rape, or gangs who punish girls for associating with different gangs, is it not possible that there are more 'cultures' in America that tolerate it hence the undeniably higher rates of sexual assault?

http://bit.ly/1lkhZwp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

So was this just a thing that was going on and we're only now getting all these reports on it, or did a bunch of guys in India suddenly get an epiphany from all the news reports and realize what's been missing from their daily rape ritual?

The article for the fourth victim says these gang rapes and murders have been happening for a while with very little attention being paid to them. The 2 girls that were murder were likely the last straw.

• Locked thread