Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
India has to be the most backwards, uncivilized nation on Earth, god drat. The Brits really did a halfassed job in India

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I know right? But dont try and dispute it with actual evidence because doing so makes you an inbred retard/typical male bigot. And who said that the art of debate isn't dead.

Hahahahaha you're as dense as a loving rock

Women don't report rape in India because there's a good chance they'll just get gang raped again you loving idiot. How are you this loving dumb? Women that report rape in the US aren't going to get raped by the cops or have their whole family investigated for having the gall to try to get the rapists charged with it.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...onour-killings/

But in India you and your family will likely get hosed over by the political system. The government of that region wants to use "truth drugs" for "narco-analysis" on the family of those 2 girls that were raped and strung up from a mango tree. That doesn't happen here. You don't read about women getting raped and strung up from trees or gang raped in public areas because it isn't socially acceptable. In India it apparently is because they happen all the god damned time.

In the US if a politician said something hosed up about rape like "boys will be boys!" than it becomes a political scandal all over the news. And you won't hear any Americans saying that women deserve to be raped and murdered for the honor of their family.

India is a corrupt, backwards, undeveloped third world poo poo hole you loving ignorant retard.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Im just not a fan of hyporcrisy is all.

'Haha your country sucks because it does this thing'
'Heres some proof that your country does it ten times more often'
'gently caress you you leave my country out of this'

No it doesn't. Please show me examples where women regularly get gang raped on buses and strung up from trees. By the way since you like statistics so much, the number of rapes in the US per 100,000 is just about the same as Western Europe and the developed world, and better than some. Belgium's is higher at 30 and Sweden's is even higher at 60 per 100,000. Having the most functional institutions and a stronger respect for the rule of law it's no mystery that rapes are reported more often in developed countries.

India is quite possibly the most corrupt society on Earth, do you seriously have this hard of a time understanding why no one is reporting crimes, let alone rapes? Use your brain.

No one is saying rape isn't a problem in the US or the West.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I absolutely bum-love your logic. Seriously.

"Actually, the countries with the less rapes are the countries with the more rapes and vice versa and you can tell which has more by reversing all statistics on their head and taking the opposite to be true"

There are no words for this level of genius.

holy poo poo you are seriously loving naive, or do you think Sweden is the rape capital of the world with 60 REPORTED rapes per 100,000? Knowing that Scandinavian countries as some of the best places to live I somehow doubt this is the case. Sweden is considered one of the best countries in the world for gender equality(possibly the best) so this is more likely the result of Swedish society having a better attitude towards sex crimes against women.

Every developed country has more reported rapes than India

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Cool, so provide me with some counter evidence that shows that reported cases of rape in the US and some other developed nations are not at least ten times higher than in India. Cheers.

You're well meaning but really, really naive and pretty dumb. Let me guess, you're around 20 and in college. The key word here is REPORTED.

Here's the global Corruption Perceptions Index

The bluer the better and redder the worst. Use your brain and do a bit of critical thinking here.

• Locked thread