Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

orphean posted:

Knocking it out of the park xbone presser style with these sick burns

I am a gamer, it is what I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Upon further inspection, the protagonist to that Platnium game is literally Nero wearing those bad Dr. Dre headphones.

now we just need dre to wear a lizard suit

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Am I the only one who thinks Sunset Overdrive looks kinda neat? :shobon:

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?
Microsoft is trying to see how many times they can say "games" in a limited timeframe.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I guess there's always next year for Fortaleza :(

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
RIP Rare

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

now we just need dre to wear a lizard suit

can you prove he isn't already wearing a human suit

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Unlucky7 posted:

Uh, no?

Pretty much everyone thinks it looks neat. :dance:

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Unlucky7 posted:

yes

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Lots of multiplats. It seems like the "pay for DLC" approach is going to be their ongoing strategy. I can only recall the Platinum game as the only exclusive that wasn't a Microsoft Studio sequel but it was sans gameplay so I don't know if it's going to be interesting. A lot of CG trailers, really, but that's reasonable.

The Dead Rising DLC was legitimately interesting in Borderlandering the series. No real idea if or how it changes the gameplay but it looks like a filter change, new characters, new moves, and boss characters. Either way, going cartoon would be a reasonable way to get past any hardware limits and it seems like going full Capcom is a good way to go full batshit on the series. Really want to hear about the gameplay changes.

Halo Collection was better than expected in that it seems to be all the multiplayer. I have no idea how they mesh when you gain or lose abilities, pace, speed, and weaponry between maps. I had thought they would choose one multiplayer game and use that as the baseline and just use maps from the different games. I don't actually like Halo, but it is a well done collection.

Witcher 3 was a bit disappointing. I still have to play the Witcher 2 to get a sense of the series, but it just looked so-so to me. I was kind of expecting the kind of wow you get fighting Dragon's Dogma monsters the first time but it didn't quite get there.

Sunset Overdrive still feels too slow to me but the pre-gameplay section was a nice presentation of the idea of the series. The gameplay was just like a peek at gameplay ideas that are just underbaked. A sequel would probably be much better when they work out what is really good and what's weak.

Call of Duty was just some bland shooting. I've never been into the series but their E3 gameplay showcases usually come off better than that. Reminded me of Battlefield 3 singleplayer.

ID@Xbox was just ok, as you'd imagine there's some mobile games but a few looked interesting enough to want to see more. Lifeless Planet (guy in a moonsuit explores a planet) was the standout for me, but apparently that one was shown off at E3 2012 so I probably shouldn't expect a lot.

All told, it was okay. Impressed by their pace in showing stuff off without stalling in between, but only a few that I really sat up in my chair and wished it would become multiplat. If Dead Rising DLC is good, I would wish to play that on PS4 but not much else.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Where the hell is my hotline miami 2 coverage?

Edit: VVVVV Less MS and more twitch since by the schedule twitch should be showing it but is instead having post conference knobbery.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 9, 2014

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Failboattootoot posted:

Where the hell is my hotline miami 2 coverage?

Microsoft hates indie games.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

I think the 2 games I'm most interested in are Evolve and Sunset Overdrive.

To a far lesser extent, I want to see where the Fable 'evil overlord' gameplay goes.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Spacedad posted:

To a far lesser extent, I want to see where the Fable 'evil overlord' gameplay goes.

Absolutely nowhere.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unlucky7 posted:

Do you enjoy leaving trails of cum

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I hope Microsoft fails during every press conference ever because it's hilarious and even I thought this press conference wasn't too bad. I mean it wasn't great, but they didn't embarrass themselves this year

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Spacedad posted:

That gameplay looks like exactly the thing the Wii U pad was made for. It's hilarious that Fable is only on Xbone.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Drifter posted:

Absolutely nowhere.

Maybe, but I have been wanting a game like this where it's 4 coop players versus a dungeon master player for a while. I will be hoping it turns out really good but not holding my breath.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
They rubbed salt on the conker wound, well done.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benny D posted:

So the only good games they showed were multiplatform and will run better on the PS4 anyway right

with the exception of the new Platinum game, Crackdown 3, and the Phantom Dust remake yes

(edit): or at least also on PC if not on PS4

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Spacedad posted:

Uh, no?

Pretty much everyone thinks it looks neat. :dance:

It looks like it could look neat but instead looks really slow. Lets take the aesthetic of Jet Set Radio but none of the speed. It's made worse by that loving speed line behind the character as he slowly blumbles along a rail.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

really impressed there wasnt a single mention of kinect

glad they acknowledged that it was a loving piece of poo poo and moved on lol

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

MinibarMatchman posted:

really impressed there wasnt a single mention of kinect

glad they acknowledged that it was a loving piece of poo poo and moved on lol

They showed the logo for the dance game.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
No Hotline Miami 2? But the table graphic made by some person on the internet told me we'd get Hotline Miami 2!

e: oho, forget that, let's hear about the CONSUMER FEEDBACK WEBSITE :pcgaming:

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Idioteque Dance posted:

No Hotline Miami 2? But the table graphic made by some person on the internet told me we'd get Hotline Miami 2!

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/476070969841156098

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

ShineDog posted:

It looks like it could look neat but instead looks really slow. Lets take the aesthetic of Jet Set Radio but none of the speed. It's made worse by that loving speed line behind the character as he slowly blumbles along a rail.

It looked all right to me since the characters are all on foot, not on rollerblades. But yeah they should look into that. I dunno how much upping the speed will gently caress with the gameplay though.

Maybe they cold have higher speed modes for more skilled players a-la Mario Kart. :allears:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Search: Boner

Boners (1842)

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

I'm crying right now

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Wow...

First time in a long time that I am not looking forward to really anything this Fall.

Don't care about Sunset
Don't care about remakes
Fable might be cool but probably not.
Witcher 3 looks ok.
gently caress Project Spark.
Don't care about Crackdown.
Some of the indies may be kinda cool.

Very very lukewarm conference.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ShineDog posted:

I hate the aesthetic a lot. Like they're doing 90s EXTREME Do the Dew without being self-aware enough about it, it's just with a side of "isn't this silly."

Make it 150% faster and put in a Smash TV style announcer and maybe you're getting somewhere.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Avalanche posted:

Wow...
Witcher 3 looks ok.

You shut your mouth.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
That wasn't a bad conference in terms of just showing games and backing up as far as possible from yammering on about tv and the kinect. Just, nothing was really interesting though.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

We have all these remakes and reboots and whatever else, but not a single mention of Crimson Skies...

No kidding.

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 9, 2014

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
We have all these remakes and reboots and whatever else, but not a single mention of Crimson Skies...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It was an okay conference. They avoided all that terrible Kinect poo poo, left TV alone, and showed a bunch of games that you could get on better platforms until the end when they dropped a couple of exclusives down. It reminds me of that Sony 2007 conference when they backpedaled so hard and tried to be humble about getting their poo poo pushed in.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

It was an okay conference. They avoided all that terrible Kinect poo poo, left TV alone, and showed a bunch of games that you could get on better platforms until the end when they dropped a couple of exclusives down. It reminds me of that Sony 2007 conference when they backpedaled so hard and tried to be humble about getting their poo poo pushed in.

The kinect turned out to be the dud everyone thought it would be so microsoft dropped it like a stone this last year - sadly this involved killing off Rare, which had converted to a kinect studio.

The kinect is a device that was conceived because microsoft looked at the wiimote and thought what they really need is a gimmicky interface to capture the casual/family market instead of actual good software. It took them a second iteration of the godawful beast to realize what a turd it is.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That actually wasn't a bad press conference at all. I'll probably get an Xbox One 2-3 years down the line when they slim that loving monstrosity up.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I didn't watch it but I'm looking at everything they announced and my take away is: holy poo poo this could have been so much worse. At least I never played Phantom Dust.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

At least I never played Phantom Dust.

I don't think anyone has

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Phantom Dust and Scalebound mean they join the Wii U in the 'more interesting non-indies than the PS4' pile.

Actually pretty pessimistic about the Sony conference, they've played things pretty safe so far save for the indie love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
The only reason that presser was okay was because Microsoft left themselves nowhere to be terrible in it, which, y'know, good for them! They're learning i suppose. That's all it was though, "okay".

e: Also that bit at the end was the closest you're ever going to see to an actual apology from Microsoft.

• Locked thread