Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

beedeebee posted:

You can't select new players for the round of 16? Half my defense is already knocked out :confused:

You can, but there's not enough cheap players left to easily complete your 23 man squad so you just get frustrated and close the page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Greece has some good cheap players

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Tortuga posted:

You can, but there's not enough cheap players left to easily complete your 23 man squad so you just get frustrated and close the page.
I think you can select players who have already been knocked out if you want to go that way

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Soulex posted:

Greece has some players

ftfy

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Chris de Sperg posted:

I think you can select players who have already been knocked out if you want to go that way
Yes, you can.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
I've managed to put together a decent well-rounded team with Benzema and Neymar, so I don't get why people are moaning about not having enough money to put a team together. I've only got 3 x 1million players, and they are all high points scorers. You get unlimited transfers so you may as well take everyone out and start from scratch.

I'm 8th (ewliin), so hoping to slowly get up the ladder, although a 55 point deficit is pretty difficult.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

This website is bad

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
Congrats Primpod!

Honorable mentions to all my homies in the top 10

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

14th place cause I didn't know you could keep on to the 1m eliminated players until the final :eng99:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Soulex posted:

14th place cause I didn't know you could keep on to the 1m eliminated players until the final :eng99:

16th place because I forgot to have muller as my captain like 3 times and missed out on a ton of points, rip.

Also because I'm garbage.

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

:v:
2nd place because I captained Robben instead of a defender D: goddamn defenders owned in this game

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Spiffeh posted:

goddamn defenders owned in this game
They really did. Midfielders, on the other hand, were pretty much useless.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

4th is cool and good, I would've probably been in contention if not for my abysmal first round tbh

frankenfreak posted:

They really did. Midfielders, on the other hand, were pretty much useless.
Defensive midfielders were pretty good (particularly because they were often undervalued (hello, Luiz Gustavo)). They basically tried to factor in and weigh the defensive stuff like recovering balls and blocking shots and such but it went the other way because a) those guys were getting those points reliably while attacking guys needed assists/goals to be worth anything at all so there was a boom/bust element and b) they weighed the defensive stuff too strongly so you didn't want to even try to bet on the boom. Also the substitution thing was retarded

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
I went 5-4-1/5-3-2, picked the right players a lot and had a lot of germans. Ended up 504 in the world (I was 63rd at one point in the group stages).

The subsititution thing was ridiculous. It rewarded you just being around a lot and 90% of the things you were doing were just obvious bookkeeping.

But it was worth it to overcome spiffehs vicious mind games and win the TRP World Cup. I will print out the trophy I just won and display it with pride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
The PL fantasy league is up again:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

• Locked thread