Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

phwoar

Skinty McEdger posted:

Has anyone actually got a single non wasteman sub?
I have like one at each position so I can play the matchups a little and also if someone gets injured since you can't make any transfers during the group stages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Chorrax posted:

Pro-hint: Eden Hazard is valued at 8 pts and Belgium is facing Algeria, Russia and Korea in the group stage.
Eden Hazard has 6 goals in 45 games.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

beedeebee posted:

I didn't read the rules or anything, but I think midfielders gain points if they provide assists etc? At least that's how it works in other fantasy things I'm in.
They do, but that still doesn't help Hazard much.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

not a single goal or assist :cripes:

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

H-Tail posted:

Problems:
The timer on the transfer page says the window opens in 9 days, when the rules page says tomorrow.
you don't get to make transfers during the group stages

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Olewithmilk posted:

Are we supposed to not be able to see the rest of the league yet? I'm on the league list when I look under participants but I can't see it under "My Leagues".
the site seems pretty broken tbh but if I had to guess it'll probably update at the end of round 1 tomorrow

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Most of the issues with the site appear to have now been fixed although it's still not displaying points in each league yet.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

This has been a disaster imo.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

beedeebee posted:

You can't select new players for the round of 16? Half my defense is already knocked out :confused:
You can select new players up until the next game kicks off, then you can't do it again for the round.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Tortuga posted:

You can, but there's not enough cheap players left to easily complete your 23 man squad so you just get frustrated and close the page.
I think you can select players who have already been knocked out if you want to go that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

4th is cool and good, I would've probably been in contention if not for my abysmal first round tbh

frankenfreak posted:

They really did. Midfielders, on the other hand, were pretty much useless.
Defensive midfielders were pretty good (particularly because they were often undervalued (hello, Luiz Gustavo)). They basically tried to factor in and weigh the defensive stuff like recovering balls and blocking shots and such but it went the other way because a) those guys were getting those points reliably while attacking guys needed assists/goals to be worth anything at all so there was a boom/bust element and b) they weighed the defensive stuff too strongly so you didn't want to even try to bet on the boom. Also the substitution thing was retarded

• Locked thread