Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Jiro posted:

Uuugggghhhh why is Casey Hudson still on Mass Effect???

hahaha let it go man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Broseph Brostar posted:

Why is fox news advertising at E3?

E3 sucked

Thanks Obama

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Hardline is now in my origin library.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Widestancer posted:

E3 sucked

Thanks Obama

Obama appeared in The Sims 4, so it's not for lack of trying.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Widestancer posted:

E3 sucked

Thanks Obama

Is PS4 is a Socialized Medicine Obama Plot? (Benghazi)

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
New obama video game promotes cop killing?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Xmas Dumpster Fire posted:

Anyone care to give a quick recap for those that missed it? Anything surprising or unexpected?

PGA Golf 15 takes the series in a new direction with it being set in the middle of World War II.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The lamestream gaming media refuses to ask the hard questions, such as "why did Obama let Chuck die?"

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

PGA Golf 15 takes the series in a new direction with it being set in the middle of World War II.

This is not a joke. This is not a joke.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
From choosing "Other" on the Hardline signup page:

Battlefield.com posted:

Thanks for Your Interest.

The Battlefield Hardline closed beta is only available for PC and PS4. But dont worry, we wouldnt leave you hanging. We'll have an open beta available this fall on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC. On top of that, we are hooking you up with these rewards in Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 4. Log into your Origin Account below to be granted access to your rewards. The Battlefield Hardline gear will be available when the game releases. The Battlefield 4 unique dog tag will be available in the game next month.

YOUR REWARDS:
Weapon camo/skin in Battlefield Hardline
Weapon sight in Battlefield Hardline
Additional Battlefield Hardline content
Unique dog tag in Battlefield 4

Noice.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

EA Lied

Franchises Died

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I am excited to play a Detroit city simulator.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

hahaha let it go man!

I was the world's biggest Mass Effect fan, right up until the last half of the third game. Trust me, it's not an easy thing to forget for some of us. I will never forgive them for conditioning me to feel anxiety and trepidation when I hear the Mass Effect theme song, instead of an abundance of excitement.

That said, I'll check out the new game they're working on as they release more info, and try to be open minded about it, but I'm probably not alone in feeling like they have an uphill battle to fight to win back people to that franchise.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

cant believe that loser used a meme in real life

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

AwkwardKnob posted:

I was the world's biggest Mass Effect fan, right up until the last half of the third game. Trust me, it's not an easy thing to forget for some of us. I will never forgive them for conditioning me to feel anxiety and trepidation when I hear the Mass Effect theme song, instead of an abundance of excitement.

That said, I'll check out the new game they're working on as they release more info, and try to be open minded about it, but I'm probably not alone in feeling like they have an uphill battle to fight to win back people to that franchise.

They don't have an uphill battle whatsoever. Look at how much BF4 sold after BF3 and how much stuff like COD sells.

The fan backlash of ME3 if anything just made gamers look retarded since the vast majority of the people who actually buy games never go onto forums at all.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

AwkwardKnob posted:

Yes, you're the guy who posted about trading it in for the Chipolte burrito. You're a legend and god bless you. I hope you find peace in your travels.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Widestancer posted:

The fan backlash of ME3 if anything just made gamers look retarded since the vast majority of the people who actually buy games never go onto forums at all.
Or even finish games they buy - hell, even so much as play them - let alone going on forums to post about them. Wasn't there some statistic a little while ago about how only like 10% or so of people who bought any given game finish it?

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Its honestly really impressive how easily EA was able to kill Dragon age and mass effect

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yes, you're the guy who posted about trading it in for the Chipolte burrito. You're a legend and god bless you. I hope you find peace in your travels.

It was a really loving good burrito. No regrets.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

PrBacterio posted:

Or even finish games they buy - hell, even so much as play them - let alone going on forums to post about them. Wasn't there some statistic a little while ago about how only like 10% or so of people who bought any given game finish it?

I only know this from being a huge sperg about ME3, but 42% of people finished Mass Effect 3.

All of the games had a really amazingly high completion percentage relative to the industry average.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Astro7x posted:

After reading through this and the Microsoft thread, I am pretty convinced that nobody here really likes games.

I like games that are creative, different, and fun. The games announced today have been- for the most part- none of the above. Cautiously holding out hope for the 3DS show tomorrow, however. Still a big Nintendo fanboy after all these years.

I do have to say that the new DA game looks good, as long as they can return it to DA:O roots.

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 9, 2014

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Its honestly really impressive how easily EA was able to kill Dragon age and mass effect

DA:O was a good bog standard WRPG that gave everyone hope that good RPG's would be common in the future of gaming.

then dragon age 2 happened lmao

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Are there any videos up of the mass effect reveal that was shown? And to save time, was it anything more than "this still exists"?

ME3 kinda sucked as a whole for me, but I still find the universe and stuff around it cool. I'd be happy for more Mass Effect if they leave Shepard alone and stay away from monolithic plots because they already exposed their ineptitude there.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Nah people are going to buy them in droves and there is going to be a lot of :spergin: rage on the official forums from the same subset people here who claim they will never buy any game in X franchise ever again.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Widestancer posted:

They don't have an uphill battle whatsoever. Look at how much BF4 sold after BF3 and how much stuff like COD sells.

BF3 was a good game after the bugs were sorted out, same with BF4. Nothing could make Mass Effect 3 a good game, and I considered 2 my favorite game of all time for a while.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Alexzandvar posted:

DA:O was a good bog standard WRPG that gave everyone hope that good RPG's would be common in the future of gaming.

then dragon age 2 happened lmao

Good, cause RPGs are for people who can't hack it at strategy games or people who play games for the story.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Your Friend posted:

cant believe that loser used a meme in real life

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Avocados posted:

Are there any videos up of the mass effect reveal that was shown? And to save time, was it anything more than "this still exists"?

ME3 kinda sucked as a whole for me, but I still find the universe and stuff around it cool. I'd be happy for more Mass Effect if they leave Shepard alone and stay away from monolithic plots because they already exposed their ineptitude there.

Far as I know the only video is people talking about making it.

Here's a picture, though.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
http://www.twitch.tv/uncleguito

BF hardline stream.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
They didn't kill Mass Effect at all other than the "act 3 of our 3 act game is really stupid" bit in ME3, in fact the direction they took ME2 was perfect and made perfect sense, they could've had DA:O be a traditional RPG franchise with pause-happy tactical combat and morally ambiguous choices or whatever and Mass Effect be more of a shooty action-RPG with cinematic flair; people who think ME2 sucked and was a terrible sequel have the worst taste

And then they made Dragon Age 2...

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

leidend posted:

BF3 was a good game after the bugs were sorted out, same with BF4. Nothing could make Mass Effect 3 a good game, and I considered 2 my favorite game of all time for a while.

BF4's 10 tickrate is still :laffo: and there's not much that can be done about it; ME3 was actually a pretty good game and the :spergin: rage about the ending made the crappiness of said ending totally worthwhile for me.

Would buy again just to see the same reactions on the forums, that was like free DLC and was more entertaining than the game itself.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

people who say bf3 is a bad game aren't people, they're bland robots sent from hell to make me angry as gently caress

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I loved Mass Effect 2 and 3 start to finish, and really just want another game in that series. It was good to get confirmation that they're working on a new game, but I would have liked to see a bit more.

Honestly, I agree with the Giant Bomb guys when they said that EA might as well have not had an E3 presentation this year for as little as they had to show. 'Confirmation that we're working on these games' sounds more like something out of an investor conference call or something.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Panzeh posted:

Good, cause RPGs are for people who can't hack it at strategy games or people who play games for the story.

:frogout:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Battlefield Hardline for 2.49
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/policesimulator2_storefront

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I can't wait to see which company pulls a Budd Dwyer in E3 this year. There are so many good candidates. EA really missed a good opportunity.

:allears:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
ME3 was poo poo because it cut down on virtually everything but the combat, but I guess if you only like to shoot poo poo and have embarrassing dialogue in your apartment ME3 is pretty okay

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Every part of mass effect 3 that wasn't tuchanka was garbage. Mass effect 2 was a huge stupid TPS dark middle chapter waste of time. Mass effect 1 is the only good mass effect game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Alexzandvar posted:

ME3 was poo poo because it cut down on virtually everything but the combat, but I guess if you only like to shoot poo poo and have embarrassing dialogue in your apartment ME3 is pretty okay

Sales numbers definitely say otherwise, and the :spergin: rage makes it an even more enjoyable experience so please never change.

• Locked thread