Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

gay cummunism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

paranoid randroid posted:

lol as if we wont devolve into robot ancap and need to develop street sweeper bots to clear the gutters of lumpen corpses

we already have food over-abundance and people starve anyway. robot abundance wouldn't matter because no one would have the money to pay for the infinite robot commodities. thered be no profit so artificial scarcity would be the reality. this is how capitalism actually functions now, and how it will function in the future

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

powerful weedlock posted:

gas thread, ban op.

gently caress off lf posters

kill you're self

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

butplug accident posted:

when robots take over the majority production of commodities there will be so few people receiving wages that nobody will be able to buy those commodities in the first place. the economy will collapse cementing the country as a captive society where the majority are helpless wards of the state who receive an allowance to keep the failed system going

this is basically the premise of vonnegut's book player piano

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

I would like to point something out:

I liked Wall-E. Great movie.

Here is where it all fell apart: No motherfucker would stay on those ships or even on earth the moment there was warp-drive. The Profit-motive of a capatalistic economy would take over. The ship hyper-drives back to earth from the other side of the goddamn galaxy in like, half a minute.

If earth figured that poo poo out, you better believe that we would be sticking our cock into every planet galaxy wide for nothing other than the sheer satisfaction of it.

I liked what they tried to do, but a ship slow-boating to earth, full of corpses arriving at a dead planet would have been a better ending. Skeletons piled against the exit doors with small scratches in the advanced armor plating.

The last skeletons alive (the ones with the densest bones) scratched out "we lived".

Wall-E sits there, broken, waiting for spare parts. Eve waiting, impatiently, as the ship approaches earth for a half-millennia. She exits the corpse-mess only to find the dead world, with her dead friends.

I think that would have been a better ending.

it was a parable and the point was to critique consumer culture using a cartoon robot as the protagonist hth

was your suspension of disbelief ruined before or after you realized this was a 3d animated film made by the same company that brought you toy story

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fandyien posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you, rhonyn peacemaker. where in your brain are you broken?

i started typing a response to that but i cant even understand what level hes operating on. like thats a lot of effort for a gimmick

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

I liked Wall-E. Great movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

a discrepancy in your gimmick posting :ohdear:

• Locked thread