Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flynn Taggart

There's a new star fox game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Unless it's coming out on pc...

SIDS Vicious

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Unless it's coming out on pc...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahaha

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Sid Vicious posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahaha

exactly

ulvir

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp
As much as I'd like to play a new star fox game, I'm not going to buy their lovely underpowered fisher price console for it. Nintendo needs to pull a Sega already.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

same

poverty goat

the n64 was the last console worth buying and you can play all those games in an emulator now

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the n64 was the last nintendo console worth buying and you can play all those games in an emulator now

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the n64 was the last console worth buying and you can play all those games in an emulator now

hemale in pain

i know news gets to byob slow but wiiu has good games now

poverty goat

no i said it right

poverty goat

the wiiu is the only console worth buying because the other consoles are just retarded pcs with the exact same games except for madden and halo but that doesnt necessarily make the wiiu worth buying it just makes the others trash

Flynn Taggart

hemale in pain posted:

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

hemale in pain posted:

:allears: please tell us more

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
ill play it fuk u

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
herf derf wii u isn't for serious gamers speerrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggg

poverty goat

if i was an old guy with kids id get them a wiiu

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

gggiiimmmppp posted:

I used the same logic with getting the original wii. They haven't touched it in almost 18 months.

Eye of Widesauron

I bought my wii U and have enjoyed it for awhile now; MK8 made it much more enjoyable

My PS4 sits and basically does nothing and my PC gets the most mileage

Being able to bring the Wii U into the office and play with the other people during breaks is a huge draw; one thing that the other consoles need to figure out not for money reasons but for fun reasons is that yes there is still a huge draw on local multiplayer

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

gggiiimmmppp posted:

I am an old guy and my son plays PC games like a normal person

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

I am an old guy and my son plays PC games like a normal person

I'm not "old", but yeah this. He'd rather play Toribash for 13 hours straight.

poverty goat

pcgaming needs to figure that out too but down the road past steamos/big picture id be shocked if there's not a way to bruteforce splitscreen local multiplayer for the back catalog by just running multiple clients on a beefy machine

steam inhome streaming is pretty slick and i already use it on the reg to play platformers and GTA type stuff on the big tv

Eye of Widesauron

I don't have children and genuinely enjoy both my Wii U and my PC stuff

I get the feeling that some of the people over in the games forum arguing over this need to spend less time arguing over games and more time getting an actual job instead of using autismbux to cover their entertainment habit

My favorite are the people who have donated to Star Citizen making GBS threads all over the Wii U in the nintendo E3 thread; at least Mario Kart 8 is a Thing that Exists and is actually fun as opposed to a pile of 1000 dollar imaginary spaceships :laffo:

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
i might get a wiiu in 2015

Eye of Widesauron

gggiiimmmppp posted:

pcgaming needs to figure that out too but down the road past steamos/big picture id be shocked if there's not a way to bruteforce splitscreen local multiplayer for the back catalog by just running multiple clients on a beefy machine

steam inhome streaming is pretty slick and i already use it on the reg to play platformers and GTA type stuff on the big tv

We tried this using VMWare at work and it works less spectacularly than you'd think

Steam has the right idea; Nintendo isn't going anywhere anytime soon and watching this E3 it looks like they finally maybe pulled the stick out of their rear end. I'm glad. MS' E3 was just :laffo:

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
Mario kart 8 IS p fun

Eye of Widesauron

mailorder bees! posted:

Mario kart 8 IS p fun

quote:

The Games Forum posted

Maybe if you're a babby they're fun grow up and be an adult and use welfare money & allowances to pay for XboX Gold Premium Halo 7 like the real pros

nerd

:master:

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
i didnt know u were so passionate about video games widestancer

Eye of Widesauron

my new dog posted:

i didnt know u were so passionate about video games widestancer

:spergin:

They're fun to work with; the stuff I was able to work on while modding FO:NV really was rewarding

Also the games forum is really low hanging fruit

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Widestancer posted:

I get the feeling that some of the people over in the games forum arguing over this need to spend less time arguing over games and more time getting an actual job instead of using autismbux to cover their entertainment habit

My favorite are the people who have donated to Star Citizen making GBS threads all over the Wii U in the nintendo E3 thread; at least Mario Kart 8 is a Thing that Exists and is actually fun as opposed to a pile of 1000 dollar imaginary spaceships :laffo:

You are killing your mother and I. We want to see our grandchildren before we die of old age!

circ dick soleil

by zen death robot

matrix ripoff

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i'm getting the playstation tv because holy poo poo a console that can play vita games for a hundo??? that's swell

tho i wonder how they're going to get past vita games that require touch controls to play

Eye of Widesauron

You are killing your mother and I. We want to see our grandchildren before we die of old age!

This is actually a big deal for me being the first natural born US Citizen in my very much Taiwanese family

:negative:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Widestancer posted:

This is actually a big deal for me being the first natural born US Citizen in my very much Taiwanese family

:negative:

An asian family putting pressure on their children? how odd!

Flynn Taggart

Widestancer posted:

Widestancer is my new favorite yobber

matrix ripoff

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
"If you like [game/developer/company] then that says all I need to know about you." -- a literal games forum poster

Eye of Widesauron

matrix ripoff posted:

"If you like [game/developer/company] then that says all I need to know about you." -- a literal games forum poster

What about Wisdom Tree

Hth tho they did a p funny thing with Id and Nintendo RE: Super Noah's Ark 3D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain

Frank Horrigan posted:

I used the same logic with getting the original wii. They haven't touched it in almost 18 months.

woah your kids haven't touched a console from 2006 in 18 months :aaaaa:

• Locked thread