Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I hope they're restrained in re-using jokes and catchphrases, like "I like it aluh" and the breath spray. Other than that it looks... pretty funny. Kind of more of the same, but that can be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Upon rewatch, Farrelly brothers movies often strike me as edited to a degree where certain scenes don't make sense anymore. I get the feeling that's because they film too much, especially stuff that has to be cut for the rating. There's Something About Mary has Jeffry Tambor's character who is necessary to the plot (he helps Matt Dillon fake a phone conversation meant for Mary to overhear), but he's barely introduced. Me, Myself and Irene grabs for the awkward narrator voice at all sorts of odd times to gloss over scenes that would otherwise need to be longer. It's not that noticeable as long as the jokes are solid, but I would like it if they tie things together a bit better this time.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's true, Lloyd shouldn't have the competence to do that, but it's a pretty good gag to bridge the 20 year gap between movies.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Joey Gladstone posted:

I think that based on the trailer, the twist is that Jim Carrey is actually the dad of the girl and it's going to be really funny because he wanted to gently caress his own daughter the whole time

That bit reminds me uncomfortably of Jim Carrey creeping on Emma Stone with online videos.

• Locked thread