Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzoto1
Jan 18, 2010

How's life in a bigger prison, Dae-su?

Blind Sally posted:

That looks amazing.

Part of this was filmed at my work (television station). I walked right past Seth. It was pretty surreal...

xzoto1 fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jun 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzoto1
Jan 18, 2010

This looks like poo poo. The reason the first movie worked is that Lloyd and Harry were unintentionally funny. We laughed at their everyday oddities. They acted stupid because they WERE stupid. This new film makes it look like they are trying to act stupid rather than actually being stupid... If that makes any sense...

xzoto1
Jan 18, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

It was just stupidity for being stupid.

What does that even mean?

xzoto1
Jan 18, 2010

Ishamael posted:

I keep seeing people say that, but I just don't get that impression. This reminded me a lot of the first one.

Now, granted, the first one was never one of my favorite films like some people here, I enjoyed it but have only seen it a couple times over the years. Maybe having a deeper connection with the original is what is giving people a bad feeling about the sequel. But from my perspective this seems a lot like the original, except everyone is older.

It's the fact that the first film was funny because the characters for the most part were unintentionally stupid. We laughed at them because they WERE dumb. This movie makes it looking like they're purposely acting stupid.

xzoto1
Jan 18, 2010

henpod posted:

I think the thing with this movie, is that Harry and Lloyd, more Lloyd than anyone just seemed really mean spirited? They were just being assholes, rather than childish, dumb people. I don't know, the tone of how they interacted with people just seemed different.

Movie was ok. For some reason (i'm childish as hell) the only line that made me laugh was when someone mentioned World Hunger and Harry said something alone the lines of 'what would the world do with all the extra poop?'.

Nope, you're right. The first movie we laughed at them because they were legitimately/unintentionally stupid. This movie has them acting stupid for the sake of it.

• Locked thread