Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rurea posted:

Hey guys!
Woah, Dumb and Dumber sequel eh? Alright!

Welp, cya later!
The best post.

I'm worried about this, because in Dumb and Dumber, the world and its inhabitants were largely normal, and Harry and Lloyd were just two idiots.

Nobody who made that movie would've (at the time) thought of ever including a gag where a guy faked being crazy for 20 years for a cheap gag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Exactly. It's like Dumb and Dumber continued as a television show we never saw, and now we're in season eight, where all characters have been Flanderized.

Blah blah Scrubs joke.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

There's smart comedy about dumb characters, and then there's dumb comedy.

The first was the former. This looks like the latter. We're not sure it will be, but the trailer looks like a very different kind of comedy than the original.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The Ferrely brothers were heavily reigned in by the studio, and the film was better for it.

They've had far more creative freedom since, and have frequently gone too far into a direction that doesn't appeal to me. The uncut Dumb and Dumber is actually a worse movie, in my opinion, and this looks no better.

Again, I hope to be wrong. A laugh is a laugh.

• Locked thread