Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
The dusty vagina scene was a little much, then again the Farelly Brothers moved HARD into raunchy, gross-out comedy a couple years later with There's Something About Mary and never stopped so I get why they would do something like that.

I'll end up watching this but my expectations are low because I'm really not sure if the Farrellys will just let Carrey and Daniels work because that's really why Dumb & Dumber was so funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
All of a sudden, I'm reminded the original film had someone drinking a bottle of urine and a 5-minute long shitter joke and I'm able to put the dusty vagina scene in a little more context.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

caiman posted:

The Truman Show, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and like 8 other movies are laughing at you. Hell, loving Fire Marshall Bill is laughing at you.

The Cable Guy required a little bit of malice and awkward insanity from Jim Carrey which he balanced well. Plus, it had the wonder of stealth-releasing as another wacky Jim Carrey comedy in 1996 (seriously, this is why people don't like it) so it really threw people off who only thought Carrey was good at butt-talking. Those two films you mentioned are great (no idea on the other 8) but god drat did The Cable Guy happen at just the right time in Carrey's career so he could branch off.

• Locked thread