Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
I don't mind that the sequel takes place 20 years later. When the trailer has Jim Carrey saying "I love what you've done with the place!" and they cut to a shot of their apartment and it looks identical, that cracked me up out loud. My hope here is that there is a lot of legitimate, understated, yet hilarious comedy in this movie, and the trailer just kind of played up the more outlandish parts in the name of being eye-catching. Don't forget, in the 20 years since the first movie came out, we've had the whole dynamic of Jackass and Bad Grandpa and Borat and so on, and I was getting a sense of the trailer trying to sort of catch that kind of audience's eye.

edit: My opinion on this is also based on the fact that my girlfriend is 21 years old and had never seen Dumb & Dumber before at all, so I showed her the trailer for that cold, and it certainly didn't blow her away. The real comedy meat lies further down, hopefully in this case too. She liked the first movie once she'd seen it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done

Even this animated .gif made me laugh out loud alone in my apartment. The first movie is great.

• Locked thread