Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I liked this. I laughed or at the very least had a smile on my face almost every time Lloyd and Harry were on screen together, which is nearly the entire movie. (There were a few scenes where the minor characters talked with each other. Those were boring.) Most jokes worked for me. They still had great chemistry.

Unfortunately, the movie didn't have any of the charm and heart of the first one. There were many times in the original where you sympathized with them and felt sorry for Lloyd. You won't be doing that here. Forget about that. But if you're okay with your comedy being 100% pure retarded, I think you should have a good time. It's similar to Ace Ventura 2 where the plot was over the top ridiculous at every turn and impossible to take a second of it seriously, but it was hilarious because of Carrey being an over the top silly character for 1 1/2 hours. If you were entertained by Ace 2, I can't see why you wouldn't be entertained by this. I wouldn't put it near Dumb and Dumber's level but I would put it there with Ace 2.

When the opening credits started, I was nervous. I thought I might be bored the entire time and it would forever tarnish my feelings for the original. And the first 5 minutes was probably my least favorite part. I was thinking "Oh no." However I started warming up to it and I walked out satisfied. It was a fun film to watch. I'm glad I went see it.

I'm ready for Ace Ventura 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread