Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
lol what kind of dumb sheltered person watches stand up comics on youtube instead of drunk and in a club like it's meant to be

that's like getting hooters takeout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
louis ck is really, really overrated

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
most people

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Hwbrgdtse posted:

louis ck is really, really overrated

i think hes good

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

is Hannibal Buress on Netflix? he's funny...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIxY27x3Y1Q
he shoots a video game girl in the face if you watch the whole thing so goons should like it

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 12, 2014

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

WEREWAIF posted:

Comedians are so painfully unfunny on twitter. Even those really bad twitter accounts with 100k followers that post Obvious Jokes are funnier than most comedians on twitter. Except Colin Quinn, whose twitter is a great work of irony.

many of these guys are funny in a conversational or social setting and then one of their stand up specials pops up on netflix and I get five or ten minutes into it. Maybe it's because on radio shows or podcasts they're 'talking shop' with other comedians whereas their standup is precicely timed and polished and aimed at a very broad audience?

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

THS posted:

i think hes good

ya hes pretty great

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Haverchuck posted:

many of these guys are funny in a conversational or social setting and then one of their stand up specials pops up on netflix and I get five or ten minutes into it. Maybe it's because on radio shows or podcasts they're 'talking shop' with other comedians whereas their standup is precicely timed and polished and aimed at a very broad audience?

comedians are pretty funny on podcasts because when they talk about themselves you realize most of them are really really hosed up, grotesque people

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

WEREWAIF posted:

a funny forums poster.

a what now?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
You know what's not hilarious, and this just occured to me? It just struck me, like in a joking way, that reading a Haverchuck post is like the opposite of experieincing comedy, you know? I'm not saying reading a haverchuck post is EXACTLY the same as attending a great aunts funeral, I'm not saying that. But it's extreamly loving close

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

gently caress the ROW posted:

You know what's not hilarious, and this just occured to me? It just struck me, like in a joking way, that reading a Haverchuck post is like the opposite of experieincing comedy, you know? I'm not saying reading a haverchuck post is EXACTLY the same as attending a great aunts funeral, I'm not saying that. But it's extreamly loving close

this bit needs more work imho not saying abandon it just maybe put it on the shelf for awhile and polish it up later

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

THS posted:

comedians are pretty funny on podcasts because when they talk about themselves you realize most of them are really really hosed up, grotesque people

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
hmm, autistic much?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

has anyone here heard of louis ck

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

thats the exact dude i was thinking about with that post, funny irl because he's a hosed up person but not funny onstage. same with the late patrice oneal

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

it's helpful to observe how good a successful stand up comedian is at making deeply rehearsed actions and words seem casual and spontaneous because that's actually a really useful life skill

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

is Hannibal Buress on Netflix? he's funny...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIxY27x3Y1Q
he shoots a video game girl in the face if you watch the whole thing so goons should like it

hes funny sometimes

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

they occasionally do good deeds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jMhoGUiIkk

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Until you see Bo Burnham's special, and then you love netflix forever.

Seriously, the man is funnier than every goon ever-- combined.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

is bo burnham some youtube nerd

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

he looks extremely unfunny but i would gently caress him

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
yeah. what's more is he's bad

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i wonderi f bo is his real name. i have an aunt name bo, shes 400 pounds likes to talk about how that friend of the family obama is ruining america and had her house destroyed in katrina lmao

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

THS posted:

this bit needs more work imho not saying abandon it just maybe put it on the shelf for awhile and polish it up later

Yeah just throwing it out there I like to theme each post about something, maybe, or just call somebody names, because they're pieces of poo poo

Plastic Goldbaby
Sep 8, 2010

Purple horseshoes?
Sure, if they be nailed to a golden horse.

yeah

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Moshe Kasher's special on Netflix is pretty good.

Asobu
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!
Soiled Meat
Tom Green used to be good at stand up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAanrkLn6bI

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Retail Slave posted:

Until you see Bo Burnham's special, and then you love netflix forever.

Seriously, the man is funnier than every goon ever-- combined.

Are you loving bo burnham?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Answer me you whore!

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
comedians are like musical acts in that one good album or a couple hits is enough to set them up with a career for life

most of them have one defining stand up special and the rest are ok or garbage. Netflix has all the garbage.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Amazon Prime usually warns me if something is going to be poo poo because they will let me stream it for free. Take Jeff Ross for example.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Away all Goats posted:

good standup comedians
  • The Amazing Johnathan

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Cucking Mama posted:

yeah. what's more is he's bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nleqeTUBUo

hes a huge rear end in a top hat too

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Walking The Room is the best podcast because on it the hosts will often talk about how standup is a lovely career but they do it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Gaunab posted:

Are you loving bo burnham?

Not currently. But I'd love to someday.

• Locked thread