Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Can someone explain what Nintendo was shooting for?

It seems like it'll be really fun to play. Certainly seems like Impa was there and she will be my main because I like samurai/ninja characters. I'm sure eventually my friends will stop coming over to play my wii u i spent like 300 dollars for because I'm too good at the game.

Anyway, what are you opinions? Seems like a dragon warrior/quest game with zelda characters. Hopefully we can battle tho

EDIT: Some nerds are butt hurt I couldn't remember the name of their favorite game Dynasty Warriors. So I mean Dynasty Warriors and not Dragon Warrior/Quest/Whatever.

LaTex Fetish fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

dynasty warriors is the single most mind-numbing experience i ever had while in front of a console and it amazes me that people thirst for more of that because now you can play as impa.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

It's basically a lovely version of Dynasty Warriors with Zelda characters. Give this stinker a wide berth.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The big tittied fairy from oot summons the moon from majoras mask and smashes it into a dragon

I don't give a poo poo how unfun the gameplay is, I'm going to buy it

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

mabels big day posted:

The big tittied fairy from oot summons the moon from majoras mask and smashes it into a dragon

basically if this isn't fun to you then you're a huge loser

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

A lot of loving clowns hating on dynasty warriors itt

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Scyther posted:

It's basically a lovely version of Dynasty Warriors with Zelda characters. Give this stinker a wide berth.

Okay [gives you a wide berth]

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

LaTex Fetish posted:

basically if this isn't fun to you then you're a huge loser

it doesn't matter how much uninteractive cinematic bullshit you pour on top of dynasty warriors, because it is at its core a repetitive dull game for simpletons

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

notZaar posted:

it doesn't matter how much uninteractive cinematic bullshit you pour on top of dynasty warriors, because it is at its core a repetitive dull game for simpletons

is pressing `meteor strike` in your japanese roleplaying game and watching an animation not repetitive?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
american racist gamers hate dynasty warriors but love diablo lol

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

elf help book posted:

lol

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

LaTex Fetish posted:

is pressing `meteor strike` in your japanese roleplaying game and watching an animation not repetitive?

that's why i only play hack and slash games with interesting mechanics such as Metal Gear R and Bayonetta

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
i only play good, thoughtful games like close combat: gateway to caen

not that japanese garbage because japan makes poo poo games aside from A Victory Lost/Denied

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

LaTex Fetish posted:

Anyway, what are you opinions? Seems like a dragon warrior/quest game with zelda characters. Hopefully we can battle tho

How in the hell do you get a dynasty warriors game confused with a turn based rpg?

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I like how enemies spawn in front of you and are missing animations

in an e3 trailer

"hehehe what a mess" ~ the duke

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

elf help book posted:

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

LaTex Fetish posted:

Can someone explain what Nintendo was shooting for?

It seems like it'll be really fun to play. Certainly seems like Impa was there and she will be my main because I like samurai/ninja characters. I'm sure eventually my friends will stop coming over to play my wii u i spent like 300 dollars for because I'm too good at the game.

You don't even know what Dragon Quest is. One of the most famous series of games, and the basic blueprint for console RPGs, and you don't have a loving clue what it is. This is ridiculous.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The only dynasty warriors game I played was the one on 3ds and I really couldn't get into it.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

The only dynasty warriors game I played was the one on 3ds and I really couldn't get into it.

DW owns but I bought the DS game and it was super weird. It was 2d and poo poo. Is the 3ds one 3d?

Strike Force for psp was good. I think it got rereleased on consoles? I like dynasty warriors but I'd prefer some more variety.Throw some monsters in there between chinese people, guys.

Also Devil Kings was good.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

ForeverSmug posted:

DW owns but I bought the DS game and it was super weird. It was 2d and poo poo. Is the 3ds one 3d?

Yeah, I think it was basically the same as the console ones.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Yeah, I think it was basically the same as the console ones.

awwww yeah that sounds like my poo poo. killing chinese on the go

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
have the japs ever made anything good anyway that wasnt simple poo poo for simple minds

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

conceitedguy posted:

You don't even know what Dragon Quest is. One of the most famous series of games, and the basic blueprint for console RPGs, and you don't have a loving clue what it is. This is ridiculous.

shutup i played dragon warrior 1 and beat it all by myself. couldnt remember the right name, thought it was quest

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Borsche69 posted:

Okay [gives you a wide berth]

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

LaTex Fetish posted:

shutup i played dragon warrior 1 and beat it all by myself. couldnt remember the right name, thought it was quest

Dude.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

LaTex Fetish posted:

Hyrule Warriors is not similar to Dragon Quest, the classic JRPG (or Dragon Warrior, as it was formerly localized in the West). It is similar to Dynasty Warriors, a 3D action game.

conceitedguy fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 11, 2014

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

LaTex Fetish posted:

lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Tecmo Koeiled poo poo

Dec 26, 2012

LaTex Fetish posted:

jesus dude.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Zelda diablo would have been better than Zelda Dynasty warriors because you can at least play with different builds and equip gear that changes the style of play in diablo.

Not only that but real online play.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

conceitedguy posted:

Hyrule Warriors is not similar to Dragon Quest, the classic JRPG (or Dragon Warrior, as it was formerly localized in the West). It is similar to Dynasty Warriors, a 3D action game.

seems like someone's mad they had to use a guide to beat dragon warrior I

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
open ur asses blood brothers, team ninja and the devs of operation: winback gonna squeeze out another gem

roll around in the pure gold

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If people buy this game at full price day one and it makes a million bucks and breaks records they've disproven that you can't polish a turd.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

elf help book posted:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
dynasty warriors spin-offs: good poo poo

dynasty warriors: not so much

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Nintendo doesn't make good games anynmore who gives a gently caress suck and eat my balls myamoto bitch-san

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

big duck equals goose posted:

Nintendo doesn't make good games anynmore who gives a gently caress suck and eat my balls myamoto bitch-san

nintendo aren't making this game.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Scyther posted:

nintendo aren't making this game.

Good. I hope they get some pros on this poo poo like Stardock.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

big duck equals goose posted:

Good. I hope they get some pros on this poo poo like Stardock.

even the most cursory search, or indeed the possession of the most basic of common knowledge of video games will reveal the development team behind this game. maybe you could dial back your rate of asinine posts to a pace your brain is able to follow? thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

• Locked thread