Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some French Guy
Aug 30, 2003
It's been a really long time but I'm pretty sure you can't get 2 masteries at the same time, at least the 3rd one. So if you choose to put it all in ranged mastery you won't be able to hit anything with your enchanter debuffs. It might be usefull for earlier levels though. And you can respec easily untill fairly late anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocopriest
Apr 18, 2008
I can cast all of my buffs and pets with the bow, I think if you were to try and use the attack spells and debuffs you will have to switch to staff. The spell accuracy is based on magic masteries and Enchanter Adept, it'd be real expensive skill credit-wise to include all that. I have thought about just taking adept and trying to land Tattercoat on things, but it's not a priority at this particular stage of the game. The pets rely on purely ranks for their accuracy so they (dagger and axe) are pretty fun to play with.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005

Some French Guy posted:

It's been a really long time but I'm pretty sure you can't get 2 masteries at the same time, at least the 3rd one. So if you choose to put it all in ranged mastery you won't be able to hit anything with your enchanter debuffs. It might be usefull for earlier levels though. And you can respec easily untill fairly late anyway.

I think you would skip the debuffs and use the buffs/pets. The buffs and the axe orb seem pretty good on their own.

Some French Guy
Aug 30, 2003
Yeah that seem pretty good actually. I'm trying to remember if I had some must have attack skills on my archer but nothing comes to mind. There might be a couple.
Also the melee empyrean is awesome if you wan't to try it. The only problem is that it's pretty much an unfinished race so you don't have as many choices as with the others but they are crazy powerfull (the ranged empyrean is basically a machin gun).

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
I don't know anything about the Empyreans. Could you elaborate on the machine gun thing? What type of a weapon do they use? A bow? I think I've seen some weird orb weapons?

Some French Guy
Aug 30, 2003

Scags posted:

I don't know anything about the Empyreans. Could you elaborate on the machine gun thing? What type of a weapon do they use? A bow? I think I've seen some weird orb weapons?

Yeah they throw small orbs really fast and do bleed damage. I could never out-damage one in a party as an archer. Their problem is that on their own they are basically a sitting duck. If they engage something it's whoever dies first.
The empyrean tank is awesome because he gain charges as he takes damage. They he can use his spells to heal and restore the vigor of the whole party, has a crazy heal over time which cost him health, and also has a damage redirect that can be applied to the whole fellowship to redirect a pretty decent pourcentage of the damage to him. I actually died while not being carefull with it.
So the good thing is that if you have a healer, you can focus on tanking and if you have a tank, you can heal fairly well too.

*edit* Oh god I completely forgot to talk about perks ! You see one of the perks you can get post lvl 50 is wild magic. I think I had it up to lvl 4, I took it at first because I wanted to see what it was. Well it's pretty wild. Off the top of my head you can get: Crazy run speed, crazy attack speed, some high level creature that spawn out of nowhere that attacks you (including a high lvl olthois that I once let loose and go on a rampage in arwic), bunny ears, random pets (including a high level bunny and a rock), sometimes you get shot WAY up in the air and then you die, random glowing colors on the screen.

Some French Guy fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 17, 2014

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
That sounds pretty awesome. From playing my hive keeper though, I don't think missile characters are for me. It seems really hard to solo as a missile character (unless you have a pet).

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Do the mentalist attacks still throw that stupid ball? They sound cool, but if the animation is the same as the general missile ones I might just stop where I'm at.

Apocopriest
Apr 18, 2008
Gonna be on for a few hours as my level 12 Invoker-to-be, Sword Saint. Got one more of the baby vaults to finish then will do slinker bandit maybe even start the soulbound weapons chain. Hit me up if you guys need help with anything :)Oh yeah if you guys want to ESC out of the cutscenes, you'll need to rebind the options menu button to something other than ESC.

Donnie Darkman, level 28 Archanter
Sword Saint, level 12 Melee Invoker
Calculated Risk, low level Empyrean

Scags
Nov 12, 2005

Apocopriest posted:

Gonna be on for a few hours as my level 12 Invoker-to-be, Sword Saint. Got one more of the baby vaults to finish then will do slinker bandit maybe even start the soulbound weapons chain. Hit me up if you guys need help with anything :)Oh yeah if you guys want to ESC out of the cutscenes, you'll need to rebind the options menu button to something other than ESC.

Donnie Darkman, level 28 Archanter
Sword Saint, level 12 Melee Invoker
Calculated Risk, low level Empyrean

Oh hey its you again. Thanks for the Fets run last night. I was, unsurprisingly, Gizmosnail, the lugian elementalist. Got from 15 to 21 in about 40 minutes with you and your buddies. What level did you end up getting to? If you're still around 21ish maybe we can do vaults tonight.

Edit - I am going to stick with my Elementalist. See you soon, level 50!

Scags fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 18, 2014

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I have been digging the human magic class - not sure which direction I'll go with it. I spent 3 hours last night trying to do that undead curse quest in the haunted forest starter area (by the wasp dungeon), what a doozy of a quest. I know the reward will probably be not worth it but it's fun to not know!

Scags
Nov 12, 2005

Ort posted:

I have been digging the human magic class - not sure which direction I'll go with it. I spent 3 hours last night trying to do that undead curse quest in the haunted forest starter area (by the wasp dungeon), what a doozy of a quest. I know the reward will probably be not worth it but it's fun to not know!

If this is the quest where you have to kill the mounted skeletons and other stuff, its worth it. Its just about the only mount quest you can solo. The mounts aren't very fast but they're way faster than walking.

Apocopriest
Apr 18, 2008

Scags posted:

Oh hey its you again. Thanks for the Fets run last night. I was, unsurprisingly, Gizmosnail, the lugian elementalist. Got from 15 to 21 in about 40 minutes with you and your buddies. What level did you end up getting to? If you're still around 21ish maybe we can do vaults tonight.

Edit - I am going to stick with my Elementalist. See you soon, level 50!

I got to 22, quickly did my soulbound weapon quest and made 23 :)

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Where do you get the key to open the Asheron's Caches? That starting guide said monsters dropped it, but it was really vague.

Apocopriest
Apr 18, 2008

Silento posted:

Where do you get the key to open the Asheron's Caches? That starting guide said monsters dropped it, but it was really vague.

If you don't find one off a random drop, you can get one by doing the Illuminated Manuscript quest.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005

Apocopriest posted:

If you don't find one off a random drop, you can get one by doing the Illuminated Manuscript quest.

To elaborate: Do all the drudge quests. Eventually you will be sent to visit Dantry the Warder. He gives out the illuminated manuscript quest.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Anyone still playing? Seems like development is truly dead in the water. Sucks. Have we figured out if the AC F2P stuff is going to effect AC2?

headsupsevenup
Sep 22, 2004

Okay.
I'm playing as Ranad, working towards speccing as a Ranger. It doesn't look like the game is too active at the moment but hopefully it picks up soon. It doesn't help that I'm unable to add anyone to a friends list, so it makes it kind of hard to look for other goons to get into an allegiance with. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

Scags
Nov 12, 2005

headsupsevenup posted:

I'm playing as Ranad, working towards speccing as a Ranger. It doesn't look like the game is too active at the moment but hopefully it picks up soon. It doesn't help that I'm unable to add anyone to a friends list, so it makes it kind of hard to look for other goons to get into an allegiance with. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't played in a while (Dark Souls 2 DLC and Firefall pulled me away) but I was in a pubby allegiance that was pretty good. When I get a chance I will log in and get the name.

It is a drat shame there is no friends list. It is definitely killing the game because playing with a group of people is easily 5x better than playing solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

headsupsevenup posted:

Baldric's allegiance seems like a nice home for the time being.

• Locked thread