Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zypher posted:

Didn't see the IR exemption -- that makes some of them OK then. Still leaves:

Montee Ball -- being fixed
Denarius Moore -- King of the Hill
Andre Brown -- Too Legit to Britt
Vontaze Burfict -- The Lucky McCoys

I nominate that these teams lose the points of the player they picked up when they dropped their keepers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Zypher posted:

Didn't see the IR exemption -- that makes some of them OK then. Still leaves:

Montee Ball -- being fixed
Denarius Moore -- King of the Hill
Andre Brown -- Too Legit to Britt
Vontaze Burfict -- The Lucky McCoys

Denarius and Brown were PKs, they don't apply to the can't cut rule.

I'm upset I missed this though, I would've re-added the players to the teams.

e: Burfict and Ball should be rostered.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 7, 2014

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

IcePhoenix posted:

I nominate that these teams lose the points of the player they picked up when they dropped their keepers

I literally dropped Ball yesterday, I had to spend my waiver spot picking him up, that's punishment enough. :colbert:

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Denarius and Brown were PKs, they don't apply to the can't cut rule.

Maybe I'm missing it again, but I don't see a PK cut exemption in the rules post

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yoshifan823 posted:

I literally dropped Ball yesterday, I had to spend my waiver spot picking him up, that's punishment enough. :colbert:

Well then you wouldn't lose any points since the guy never played for you before you fixed it.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Sorry, I hosed up...forgot to check the rules around dropping keepers. I'll pick up Burfict shortly. I just dropped him the other day, so I wouldn't lose any points either.

Edit, he's on waivers until Wednesday, since the Bengals played yesterday. I plan on dropping Fleener for him, who is on a bye this week, And Burfict would have been on my bench. Is there any issue with waiting until Wednesday?

Boywunda fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 7, 2014

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Zypher posted:

Maybe I'm missing it again, but I don't see a PK cut exemption in the rules post

There should be, I don't know why it's not there. There is this though:

quote:

K. MR. IRRELEVANT RULE: If you have the last overall pick in the draft, you may keep that player, in the same round in the next year's draft, without him counting against your original keepers or project keeper, but in the next's year's draft, you will be given the last pick of the 24th round, and the first pick of the 25th. (ie. must move to the end of the round before "Mr. Irrelevant keeper" and pick last; cant' have "Mr. Irrelevant" pick two years in a row.). Like all non-project keepers, a Mr. Irrelevant can NOT be cut.

It should still be more explicitly stated than that, I thought it was and I'm going to fix that, but at least there's something in there that alludes to it.

Project Keepers are meant to be just that, a project, and are a minimal investment for potentially a big return, they're not meant to be that damaging. I wouldn't have ever added them into the mix if they were required to be kept all season. They're basically a taxi-squad type deal. Sorry for the confusion though, I really thought that was listed in the rules already. I dropped Moore maybe 20 minutes after the draft. This league is a carbon copy of my Friends & Family keeper league that I run, and that rules list has been copy-and-pasted so many times that I was bound to not realize that some vital-but-well-known-amongst-us piece of information wasn't included.

Fortunately enough, the only two PKs that were exceptionally lovely were cut a long time ago. Thomas/Maclin/Jackson seem to be paying dividends, so I doubt they were in danger of ever being cut before we sorted this out.

I wish Yahoo would just let me input my own Can't Cut list.

I'm also going to blame myself because I should be more on top of who is being added/dropped so that I can notice these things when they happen.

Boywunda posted:

Sorry, I hosed up...forgot to check the rules around dropping keepers. I'll pick up Burfict shortly. I just dropped him the other day, so I wouldn't lose any points either.

Edit, he's on waivers until Wednesday, since the Bengals played yesterday. I plan on dropping Fleener for him, who is on a bye this week, And Burfict would have been on my bench. Is there any issue with waiting until Wednesday?

I don't have any problem with that.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 7, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh poo poo I forgot about Mr. Irrelevant, sweet.

Also you should totally penalize too legit to Britt for dropping a keeper for Vinatieri before the season started. Specifically in week 7.

:(

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh poo poo, lmfao. I just read posts on this and immediately forgot. I'm going to cut Alex Smith and put a waiver in for Foles. Sorry guys :derp:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If I lose this week, I'm officially in sell mode. Everyone on my team is to be had for keepers/picks. Hell, I'm willing to sell now if I get an offer I like, I doubt I'm going anywhere.

Lavonte David is probably my only untouchable since he's the only keeper I have that's worth a poo poo.

e: this league needs more trades :shopkeeper:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 9, 2014

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

yeah doors are open anyone interested in a jimmy graham or a randall cobb because they're on a sinking ship and doing no one any good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If anyone has a running back they'd like to trade me that'd be pretty cool too.

OYM when the NFL gives Peterson a 6 game suspension I can actually drop him right?

OBR
Apr 9, 2009
So nobody has anything to discuss about this league? The playoffs are here! Forever Uncleans managed to get that bye, dropping Team Azhais from the playoffs at the same time. Pretty interesting regular season, during which my team had some rather lucky wins. At one point i felt like i was going against the surprise BOOM-player every week (Roethlisberger 6 TD, Evans 50pts game etc.).

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't think I'll be repeating. I should be in playoffs, but really, my team has been underwhelming for the past month.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I made the playoffs and had the second highest point total despite my first pick being Adrian Peterson.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
My team waited until halfway through the season to start playing :(

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It was very nice of you guys to keep Herron out there for me, though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:negative: :negative: :negative:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Thank god Peyton picked this week to poo poo himself, hopefully he has it all out of his system in time for me to roll to the championship I so rightfully deserve.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Yoshifan823 posted:

Thank god Peyton picked this week to poo poo himself, hopefully he has it all out of his system in time for me to roll to the championship I so rightfully deserve.

At the same time, the #1 statistical QB also had a down week last week and has got it all out of his system, just in time for him to beat his predecessor this week.

Edit: Oh the irony in my post with my current avatar.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm coming for my seat. I'm Coming For My Throne.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
God bless Dez Bryant and his magical hands.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Yoshifan823 posted:

God bless Dez Bryant and his magical hands.

And gently caress McCoy...you were a piece of poo poo all year long.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just in time for the last game of the season, I can finally drop that loving albatross Montee Ball once and for all. Welcome to the team, Chandler Jones, gently caress that dumb Denver RB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBR
Apr 9, 2009
Champions!!

I could not post anything about the final here before MNF, because i was sure i would jinx this. Luckily Super-Peyton were nowhere to be seen.

Thank you all for participating :smug:

• Locked thread