Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
I worked in small-town TV. I repeatedly interviewed someone, complete with 40lb broadcast camera, microphone, and live truck emblazoned with "WHERE YOUR NEWS COMES FIRST", and after the conclusion of the interview they would say "so what newspaper are you from?"

Please tell me the same happens to you in reverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

I'd get way too many instances of talking to someone for an interview and at the end have them go "wait, you want this for a STORY!?!?!" and try to retract everything. Like no, man, sometimes I just bomb around town, introduce myself as being from the newspaper, ask a series of related questions and jot down everything people say in a notebook. It's a hobby of mine.
The same thing happens with TV. 40 pound TV camera. Big bright light. Interview ends, "you're not going to put that on TV, are you?". No. I'm going to take it home and cherish it.

• Locked thread