Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
Dan and Linda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Dan and umm..er... umm.. Dan?

Oh fine. I guess Linda.

Stupid question, and this might be spoilers, but is there any time you get a bad result from picking some one fully? Like if we picked Dan to drink all out, would that be a bad result for Dan? To clarify, I assume the things that lost would have bad endings, but would the drinking itself?

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

ThatPazuzu posted:

Mechanically? No. Every time someone wins they get, essentially, a point towards their ideal solution (this isn't a zero sum game though). Like, if we didn't select a compromise and just let Dan drink he'd get more progress on his book and it'd be marked as a positive result as far as the game is concerned.

Then again, the player/audience might not interpret it as a good thing even though the game does.

Good question, though. :) This is my first LP so if I'm overlooking explaining something or anything, please tell me so I can get better.

Man, I'm happy you understood what I meant. Thanks. I'm interested in the internal mechanics, what little there are, but I'm enjoying just sitting back and watching what happens.

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

ThatPazuzu posted:

I understand where you're coming because, yeah, if you look at this objectively Linda is being annoying about having to do her art right now. But try to think of Linda's point of view. She hasn't worked in years in order to take care of Tommy, who is growing more and more independent, and she has a rocky relationship with Dan. So now she's going back to something she loves but it just isn't coming together for her. That must be incredibly frustrating.

So, objectively, yeah, she needs to just chill. But people aren't really objective about their own lives so I can't blame her too much.

I think the big problem is the reasons for coming, as stated by Linda, were to work on the relationship with Dan and for Dan to write his book. She's taken those stated reasons, tossed them out the window, and is going "but what about my aaaaaaaaaaart?!"

Having said that, I think every one needed to understand Dan needed to work. Yes, it would be nice if he could spend family time, but realistically sometimes you just have to get stuff done.

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Tommy and Linda

The choices seem so, well... the game doesn't know how to balance concerns does it? Last week seemed the most balanced. Who gets to stay in the house. Every other week feels like at least one person doesn't have as strong a need as every one else or that it would be easy to fit it all in if it weren't for video game logic.

• Locked thread