Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whatupdet
Aug 13, 2004

I'm sorry John, I don't remember

phantum posted:

If you're looking to become an electrician in Alberta Canada, Day ONE go apply for the registered apprentice training program. I got ID'd on one of the Jobsites we were working at, and I got to talking with the ID inspector? and he said that waiting the three months is a complete myth, and that if you do any electrical work, don't have a Registered Apprentice ID, and something goes wrong, the insurance company wont cover you, or the company you work for. :)
I've actually been thinking about switching from accounting (no degree/CA/CMA/CGA/CPA though working part time towards a BBA which takes forever) to electrician with the sole intent of going to some camp out west/up north and try to make good money. The registered apprentice training program, by day ONE do you mean when you get accepted into a college trades program or upon graduation?

I figure 9 months of school and then I'd probably start off making roughly what I do now but if I can get out west to Alberta then maybe the salary is better or at least I can enjoy OT. My cousin-in-law recently made the switch from retail manager to electrician and he's in his mid 40s and works north of Fort Mac, thankfully I'm only 30 but would like to make a decision soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread