Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

What are you referring to here, specifically?

In case anyone's still curious about this, he limped all the way to the endgame without even realizing there were extra skills for the Monado. Feel free to give him noogies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

TheMadMilkman posted:

I need to get around to finally playing XC.

Quick question though. Are there sidequests that you can get locked out of if you don't do them early enough? And, if so, is there a list of them somewhere?

Nearly all of the perma-missable ones are in a single area, that area being the kingdom of Alcamoth. Most of those sidequests are also goddamn terrible and can be safely skipped, with the exception of one or two that are part of a much longer, game-spanning chain.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Fix posted:

I think I'm doing something wrong because I'm basically not able to watch any of the heart-to-hearts. I think I've done two, total.

Most of them require very high Affection, to the point where a bunch aren't even doable until New Game+.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

If I have to turn the entire soundtrack off so I don't have to hear that Lincoln Park sounding lovely rap every time I fight something I'm probably going to do it.

From the few gameplay videos I've seen that track doesn't appear to be the default combat song. Could be wrong, though.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Motto posted:

lol apparently there's a company that makes armor sets consisting of a helmet, one armguard, and nothing else

A niche is a niche.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

This is actually worse than just using portraits like in older Tales games. My god it's so bad.

They went right back to portraits in later games so I guess Bamco agrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

wateyad posted:

Actually it's a team thing. Team Symphonia games always use the square box skit portraits while Team Destiny games mostly (but not exclusively) use the full body ones. Zestiria uses the full body ones.

Consider me corrected.

I stopped playing the series after Vesperia so I was talking out my butt anyway.

• Locked thread