Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Two planet-sized entities waking up and fighting and then literally fighting the god who created the world (sort of) in space that throws galaxies at you - literally the most bog standard characters and plot progression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

The best way to play Xenoblade 1 was to just do the story and avoid all sidequests. The game is already really long and way more interesting when there's no fetch quests.
I don't really mind that the option is there for people who like to grind, though.

Paper Lion, I'll grant you that most of the characters were pretty standard JRPG characters (though I think they were done decently well with a few plot twists) but even you have to agree Dickson was a pretty awesome character?

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Paper Lion posted:

FF12 is a better single player MMO than Xenoblade, because you can actually control your entire party and the endgame content is challenging on its own merits, not because you didn't spend 20 hours crafting gemeralds in a furnace.

The crafting was cool and I spent maybe 1-2 hours on it the entire game. (In fact I had forgotten about it until I looked it up cause you kept mentioning it).

And really, FF12, the game that plays itself in a boring generic world?

Daynab fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 12, 2014

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

I wonder how they'll pull off having a cool setting. Just landing on a planet sounds boring if that planet isn't ridiculous in every way, compared to living on two giant bodies and every area of the game reminding you so (holy poo poo the scale of it in some zones blew my mind).

• Locked thread