Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

The Black Stones posted:

-Game plays similar to Xenoblade, but now you have a class based system that determines arts that you use. Guns are now also a thing
-Fall damage no longer a thing. Jump off ledges and break no bones. You can no longer jump off a giant Bionis rear end though. That’s a shame.

They did mention during the stream that they weren't sure if fall damage was no longer a thing entirely or if it was just unimplemented on that build, and the class system really didn't look much different from how the skill tree worked in Xenoblade to begin with, except now there's more branching so you can unlock desired skills faster without having to unlock half the tree in-between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope they let you set AI options for characters. Or at least make some of them usable if you aren't controlling them(riki, melia).

There's a menu that was shown during the gameplay demo that had about a dozen or so commands for ordering your AI partners during battle.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

BrightWing posted:

The created character seems as chatty as anyone in Xenoblade during combat from the looks of the stream.

I'm wondering if there's a voice/personality list available for the main character on character creation. If the main character is silent during cutscenes, that may still be a thing. I got in late on the Xenoblade stream today, did they go into detail during character creation or was this one whipped up in about a minute like the last one?

EDIT: I'm asking because the female voice here is very cheerful/energetic, not really the "blank slate" type I'd expect if there was only one voice option.

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 12, 2014

• Locked thread